• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (IC)

Scotley

Hero
Vandalin enjoys the show, but can't help focusing on how they do the lighting and tricks as much as the story. He applauds after the show and joins the others outside. "Most rousing for a provincial playhouse. Perhaps they will have the woodsman be a bit more in love next time they run the same show." He gestures at the up the street. "There looks to be another interesting tavern around the corner. Should we check out Cracktooths? I also want to visit one of the libraries or the bookshop sometime today."

Shayuri

First Post
"Rousing?" Talashia snorts. "Hardly. That was a terrifying tale. I can't believe they let children in. Imagine being enslaved by an insane fey for your entire life, reliving the same thing over and over with no knowledge of it, until you die. Even if he breaks free, how many years will he have lost? How many has he lost already? And his family...he had a wife, children...what happens to them?"

She shakes her head darkly. "I may have nightmares. A book would be good...something to distract me from these thoughts."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Perhaps, it is a cautionary tale, like many "fairy tales." Deivon replies to Talishia.

OOC: This is just here to see if the program will let me post. It keeps telling me my post need to be at least three characters long.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir slouches in his chair at the theatre trying his hardest to follow the story. The bit with the bear and the axe was good, that kept his attention, but much of the rest held little appeal for him. When the lights go up he is the first up out of his seat and headed for the door. "Too much talking. Next time kill the bear and take the girl as his own." he grumbles to the others, the meaning of the story clearly having passed over his head. None of the others suggestions really appeal to him. Books, feh, nothing but scribblings. "Here is too nice, too many civilized people. We must find a bar where we can see a brawl, or start one!" he says with a grin. "Maybe see place of evil spirits and give us real nightmares."

kinem

Adventurer
"I agree that the play seemed to send a wrong message" Duko says. "If I ever learn to cast charm magic, I'll keep it in mind." It's the first time he's mentioned magic to you all.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Vandalin and Vhir seem to agree on visiting a bar after the show, and Cracktooth's Tavern is right across the way. The place is already packed, but you manage to find standing room at the bar. After ordering a round of drinks from the thuggish man behind the bar, you take stock of the place. Everyone is talking about the play mostly, while a few mention the upcoming festival. From the conversations around you, it seems few people are as interested in the plot of "The Pixie's Fancy," and more interesting in retelling the bawdy jokes and comic moments of the play. While you recline against the bar, a couple of fellows approach the bar next to you, common folk it appears. One has the look of a smith's apprentice while the other is a bit dirty, dresses quite plainly, and has no accoutrements about him whatsoever. They nudge up next to you at the bar and call for Cracktooth to bring them mulled wine and biscuits. The smith's apprentice appears to somewhat grudgingly pay for the refreshments for both men while the simple man strikes up a conversation.

"Out-of-towners, eh?" he comments, more a statement than a question. "Haven't seen you lot around before... no, wait a minute. I recognize you, miss," he says, gesturing to Talashia. "I can't quite place it. Was your father a farmer? Pitree's the name, and this is Bellswoth, my lad. Used to me a farmer's hand meself. Enjoy the show much, eh? I thought it was a good one, eh? If I had been that woodsman, I'd have had me that little pixie. You know what they say about short women, eh?" He leaves the ribald joke unfinished.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Pitree continues, "You in town fer the festival, eh? Lots of fun the be had there, eh? Me hears there will be sack races, tug-o-war, weight-lifting, acrobatics, and such. A good time for all, eh? Oh, and did I mention the free food? Taverns and food shops will be handing out all sorts o' delicious things. Free wine all the day long! I'll be drunk off me ass by the end of the day, eh? Hopefully drunk enough to sleep through the consecration. I respect the gods much as anyone else, but Father Zantus can be such a bore, eh? Priests like to pretend they're all high and mighty. But I say get to the consecrated wine and be done with it, eh?"

Pitree laughs heartily at his own joke and his companion, Bellswoth happily joins in the mirth. Whether good jokes or bad, it seems everyone in Cracktooth's is having a good time. Many of them proceed to get drunk of Cracktooth's wares, a common tradition after a play apparently. The tavern is obviously well-placed right across the street from the playhouse.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The big Shoanti looks thoughtful as the group exits the theater. "I suppose there could be a lesson in the play; theater's not really something I've had a lot of time to take in. I'll have to try it a few more times before I decide whether or not I like it.

"Books, now . . . I can really get into a good book. We had an excellent library at the monastery, and I spent quite a bit of time there reading about the exploits of history's great heroes."

He trails off as the crew heads into Cracktooth's, looking around at the clientele there, and when the smith and his apprentice sidle up next to them he responds, "Aye, we're from away. All but the lady, anyway," he says as he nods at Talashia. "It's a homecoming of sorts for her. We're in with Ser Foxglove's caravan, and thought we'd stay to enjoy the festival."
[/section]
AC: 14 (14 Touch, 11 Flat-Footed)
HP: 09/09
Senses: Perception +7
CMB: +02 CMD: 16
Fort: +03 Reflex: +05 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Nodding at the big Shoanti's words, "After we visit this tavern I'd be please to explore what the local bookshops and Libraries have to offer Marcas. I enjoy a good hero story myself. Maybe someday we'll be in the stories rather than reading them eh?"

Vandalin orders a local ale and settles into the comfortable atmosphere of a busy tavern. "Well met master Pitree. I was just telling these fellows the play was quite rousing. I take it you are a regular patron of the arts. Are the shows usually good? Do you work in the arts yourself?"

Last edited:

Remove ads