• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

Redclaw

First Post
Don't be daft. It were the frog that injured him. Dolan grumbles, giving the offending amphibian a kick, as if to punish it again for its transgression.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Dryneth volunteered to pay for the mule IIRC, so I will assume you have the mule in tow for now and that Dryneth is tending to it. If you all can figure out a way to pay for the groom and/or man-at-arms, let me know. For now, I will advance the plot. Brachna, let me know what you wish to do with the mule (i.e. take it into the moathouse with you, tie it up outside, etc.).

Having bested the nasty amphibian squatters, you turn your attention to the greater edifice ahead. Before you lies a drawbridge in disrepair. It seems that once chains attached it to hinges built into the side of the fort, but they have since come off. Perhaps they were broken off and fell into the murky water below, or maybe they were plundered by some desperate thief. It appears that part of the drawbridge was at one time battered through, leaving its present condition dubious.

Beyond, one door is hanging open on one great hinge, the other is splintered and holed but still in position, wedged and shored closed from the inside.

Attachments

• moathouse_ruins1.jpg
    moathouse_ruins1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 62

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Vicroar treads lightly upon the bridge, being careful where he steps, making his way over to the doors. Mulnock follows shortly, after wresting himself from the dwarf's grip. The two then gaze out into the courtyard. The damage on the outside is no less extensive than it is on the inside. A crumbled wall to the west leaves a fairly wide hole while littered step in the northeast lead to the house portion of the fortress. The doors at the head of the stairs are broken, one flat on the floor, the other sundered.

Attachments

• moathouse_ruins2.jpg
    moathouse_ruins2.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 64

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Vicroar motions for the others to come up. "Perhaps I am wrong, but I have a feeling something or someone is here, although my eyes cannot find them. Indeed, they may not know we are here yet. Keep your eyes sharp and your ears keen."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: You have two obvious options. There is a tower to your left that you could investigate. Alternately, you could head up the steps. There are arrow slits all around the courtyard, as well as a few in the tower that you could probably peer through if you wished.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads