• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Albany Gameday VIII - Sept. 22

Zweihänder

First Post
I'd call this a successful gameday... which means it's STORY TIME!

....I don't have any good stories...

Oh wait, no, I lied! Turning a warwelf into a raging inferno of doom and destruction (thank you, god of exploding 10's) in Real World of Darkness... and it SURVIVING! Stupid meat-tanks...

Also, being the world's most ineffectual leader in the All Flesh Must Be Eaten game. Then again, it was a character originally made by Bucky, so... XD

....actually, those stories sucked. You guys share stories!

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Zweihänder said:
Also, being the world's most ineffectual leader in the All Flesh Must Be Eaten game. Then again, it was a character originally made by Bucky, so... XD

In Ryan's defense, you didn't play in my Firefly oneshot. Rabinowski is the improvement for this group.

I had a blast. Saga in the morning was lots of fun. I was a little worried with my game when an hour had gone by and they were still doing paperwork, but things moved along quickly after that.

People were shot in the back. People were set on fire. Party members were, umm, killed by other party members. Okay, so I really wasn't expecting that particular one this time around.

Now I have to decide whether to run this one for the New Hampshire Gameday or come up with something new.

It was quite fun. So many wrong things were said during my Saga game. Going to have trouble remembering all the various one-liners. I sadly don't remember everyone by forum name, but it certainly was a fun group to run for.

Even if it did have the worst Jedi ever :D

John Crichton

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
It was quite fun. So many wrong things were said during my Saga game. Going to have trouble remembering all the various one-liners. I sadly don't remember everyone by forum name, but it certainly was a fun group to run for.

Even if it did have the worst Jedi ever :D
I liked the droid's lubricant.

Yttrai

First Post
John Crichton said:
I liked the droid's lubricant.

I didn't realise you sent memos to robots as well.

Dude, you are sick.

:D

(posting from "borrowed" internets. More later)

love,
the dirty pony

Zweihänder

First Post
From the Real World of Darkness:

Human (to Scholar): "Is there anything to stand on?"

Scholar: "Well, there's a geek."

There were other funny quotes, but I forgot them... someone at the table was writing them down, though.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Quotes from the Space Zombies game

Set up: Luxury Space Ship, The Neptunic is struck by an asteroid and/or attacked by aliens.

DM: "The Ugly Alien drills into the room."
Doctor: "Don't kill it!"
--
DM: "The maintanence sled only fits 2, maybe 3 if they are small."
Engineer to Pilot: "You should take <midgit marine character> to be your gunner"
Pilot: "I think I'll take these two ladies instead."
--
Engineer: "I have an idea, but it's a little dangerous and crazy"
Midgit Marine: "I'll do it."
Engineer: "How do you feel about riding on top of the Monorail?"
Midgit Marine: "Can you strap on a saddle?"
--
Monorail is getting closer to the to the aliens about to bomb the rail. Players are hanging out the side doors of the Monorail trying to shoot them.
DM turns to the player with no ranged weapons: "Do you do anything?"
Player: "I smash the monorail speaker to stop the Warning Announcements."
--
Pilot, Drops the his "gunners" off before flying the maintanence sled at the alien... ramming speed.
Actress: "That was a rough ride."
Femail Merc: "This is a better ride than he was."
--

Finally, Best Line of the game

Actress entering battle starts talking to her gun: "Schnookums, it's time to go win our Oscar."

Last edited:

Remove ads