Alien as made by Neill Blomkamp

Joker

First Post

delericho

Legend
Good choice of director.

However, I would much rather they just produce an entirely new film rather than a quasi-reboot quasi-sequel. Ignoring films 3&4 didn't work for "Superman Returns".

And it's unnecessary. I'd much rather just see a new film in the same universe. The formula is very simple: a new ship, a new crew, and one or more xenomorphs. No need for any explanation, any recurring characters, or any expectation that the audience will ignore things they 'know'.

Ryujin

Legend
Blomkamp had been trolling this idea, previously, before he was tied to an actual project. I'm not a fan of "District 9", but generally like his work.

So now I guess the big wait is to see what part Sharlto Copley gets? ;)

Blomkamp likes to mix genres and tropes. I wonder how he will approach the Alien franchise. I am not too excited about this. I did not like any of his films and I am not optomistic about Chappie.

Yeah, I'm hoping he doesn't get to make an Alien retcequel by Blomkamp. District 9 was alright. It wasn't anything amazing. Elysium was interesting, but again whatever. I'm not even interested in seeing Chappie.

Just looking at the concept art I'm already thinking this would turn out bad. I mean, seriously, what the hell is this?

kaivyor3f8thksygyisw.jpg

Seriously, how does that thing make any sense?

Ryujin

Legend
It's an adaptation of the Space Jockey helmet. It would make sense if Weyland Yutani have been reverse-engineering Xeno artifacts and made their gear based on alien tech.

And given the acid resistance of the alien carapace shown in AVP, it would make sense for people who were sent out to fight the aliens.

It's an adaptation of the Space Jockey helmet. It would make sense if Weyland Yutani have been reverse-engineering Xeno artifacts and made their gear based on alien tech.
I can see that happening, but what I meant was how does it make any sense for a helmet to have that much garbage at the back end. Turn your head a little too fast and the weight is going to throw you off balance. Also, it looks dumb.

Joker

First Post
I can see that happening, but what I meant was how does it make any sense for a helmet to have that much garbage at the back end. Turn your head a little too fast and the weight is going to throw you off balance. Also, it looks dumb.

It does look a little silly. Maybe all the life support is in the back. Remember, this is just concept art he was working on during his downtime on the Chappie production. If it goes through, it'll likely look different.

Remove ads