• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alignment issues

Otterscrubber

First Post
In our campaign our DM is wanting to create some effects for working with creatures other than you alignment. Not just for summoning but also with regards to polymorphing or shapechanging as well. An example would be if our chaotic neutral wizard wished to shapechange into a pit fiend he would rule that he does not get the DR of 15/good and silver, but something else like 15/magic as he beleives that type of DR to be inherent in the evilness of the creature and since the caster himself is not evil in his alignment he should not get that type of DR.

While there is good roleplay justification for this I'm curious how other campaigns deal with it, or if they even think it is something that needs to be dealt with at all. Obviously our wizards sees this as limiting the spells effectiveness and will lead to some arbitrary ability changes of various outer planar options.

the Jester

Legend
or if they even think it is something that needs to be dealt with at all.

Not in my experience. :)

However, I think that flavor is at least as strong of an argument for changes like this as balance is. Sounds ok for flavor imho.

Remove ads