Alignment/Multiclassing/DM Screen/Power Source From I-Con

med stud

First Post
Lizard said:
Well, I've become the cranky luddite grognard neophobe I've always despised.

"Choose your enemies carefully, for you will become them." Always sound advice.
Just keep opposing from your new POV then, and you will become what you once were ;)

I look forward discussing lose narrativistic role playing by then!

Charwoman Gene said:
Truth be told it sound like he got well and truly annoyed and bored with the collecting six pelts from bears that way or may not drop kinda quests. The MMO influence is in the 5-Man WOW Dungeons.
Sounds familiar. I think WoW had a chance to suck me in. But since the first few quests where of this kind, I quickly said "No" and instead began wasting my free time with discussing 4E on En World. :)

Bugaboo

First Post
Has anyone yet compared the Paragon Path concept with the Midnight campaign's Heroic Path? I really liked that element in Midnight -- it afforded a sense of creating a "secondary class" structure under the character's primary career.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Klaus said:
I'm disappointed that paladins now require a deity... :(

Relax. This is one of the easiest things to house rule ever.

In Dragonlance, as with the Realms, paladins are required to have a deity, so this isn't a new thing to me. But it's just as easy to say "my paladin has faith in his ideals and his code" and forget the gods.

Cheers,
Cam

Klaus

First Post
Cam Banks said:
Relax. This is one of the easiest things to house rule ever.

In Dragonlance, as with the Realms, paladins are required to have a deity, so this isn't a new thing to me. But it's just as easy to say "my paladin has faith in his ideals and his code" and forget the gods.

Cheers,
Cam
Yeah, I know.

One of the things I like about Eberron is the distancing of the gods.

Funny thing is, I'd love to see a setting that assumes all the trappings of mythological Greece (stuff like the sun *really* being a fiery chariot with Helios on it, etc).

Alignment a Continuum instead of a Grid?

So is the Chaotic Evil--Evil--Unaligned--Good--Lawful Good alignment system a continuum (like an extended version of Dragonlance's Good-Neutral-Evil axis) rather than a grid (the nine-alignment scheme)? I mean, does Chaotic Evil now mean "infra-evil" and LG mean "ultra-good"? If so, which beings would be CE instead of Evil, and which LG instead of G?

Travis

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Rex Blunder said:
No trout about it.

Not one to let him flounder about, eh? Put him in his plaice? Grind him beneath your eel? Threaten his immortal sole?
:)

I don't mean to be a bass-tard but obviously I'm angling to get a few traditional ones down the pike before the new pun-meister Xath arrives in the thread.

Maybe salmon ought to report this before it gets out of hand?

Cheers

Remove ads