print "What you oppose, you become."
else if(mearls hasn't played WOW)
print "Learn history, or else you are doomed to repeat it."
else if(mearls has played WOW)
print "He who lies down with dogs gets up with fleas."

Whee! We can do this all day!

ChaosShard

Explorer
Yeah, his feelings on WoW were prompted by a questioner who asked "I hate WoW. Will I hate this game?" Mearls then explained that he didn't enjoy the game after trying it for a while.

Speaking as a WoW player who got a taste of 4e combat yesterday, they're not all that much alike.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Sir Brennen said:
Seems like a pretty fine hair to split. If one has to make a class like the monk more "supernatural", I'd rather see them be a Divine Striker instead of a whole new power source.

I was not talking about only the monk. I was referring to the impressive or physically impossible things fighters, rogues, rangers, warlords, and any other martial class that comes along will do because all power sources are supposed to be "magical."

Edit: Charwoman Gene explained before I could.

Last edited:

MaelStorm

First Post
Leatherhead said:
I believe Ki will be the more supernatural part of the Martial power source.
As many pointed out, I can totally see Ki as a subsource of Martial energy. This made me realize this would be much more logical than a complete power source dedicated just to Ki. I'm just curious about what will be the other two unknown power source then. Does anybody have any idea about what those two other power sources could be?

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Ki is a likely power source if they do an "oriental adventures" book, because then you can have ki strikers (monk), ki defenders (samurai), ki controllers (wu jen), ki leaders (uh, daimyo?)

etc.

I wouldn't expect to see Ki as a power source if they don't do an oriental sourcebook though.

Cyronax

Explorer
Xorn said:
I put in to have June 9th off work, just in case I'm not done reading. I'll go to the Chinese buffet, and eat and read till they kick me out.

Dude, that's how I spent the day when I bought my (first) 3e Player's Handbook in the summer of 2000. What a great day.

Hope you get off work!

c.i.d.

Irda Ranger

First Post
MaelStorm said:
I can totally see Ki as a subsource of Martial energy.
I don't know about "subsources" - if the Rogue and the Ranger can be "just plain" Martial, the Monk and the Samurai can be too.

MaelStorm said:
I'm just curious about what will be the other two unknown power source then. Does anybody have any idea about on what those two other power sources could be?
Certain
1. Martial
2. Divine
3. Arcane
4. Psionic

Near-Certain
5. Shadow
6. Primal/Elemental

My Guesses
7. Chaos/Madness/Far Realm
8. Nature Spirits (a weak guess ...)

Although, as another poster mentioned, "the Power of Greyskull" would be pretty sweet. :)

Remove ads