• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Allegations of AI Usage Cause unnecessary Controversy

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is not where I intended this conversation to go but I am not complaining at all.

It’s getting extremely frustrating to see content on YouTube move from information and fun videos to people scrambling to be the ttrpg version of “EVERYTHING IS DOOM AND YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES more at 11”
It’s the same for anything… pick your favourite current show and see all the angry videos about it. It’s YouTube’s fault; it incentivises that sort of content. So that’s the content we get.

Waller

Legend
Great point! Thank you! Have these YouTube folks forgotten about primary sources? Basic investigative methods? :rolleyes:
His tweet says it all:

“Something felt incredibly off about this piece in the D&D 2024 PAX U showcase from Wizards of the Coast, but I didn't want to witch hunt. I just don't think this piece WotC showed off is 100% human, but I have no idea how you prove it.”

He “felt” something was off. That’s it.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
The thing I am most afraid of is how often this may become the norm for upcoming products and the impact this is going to have on artists moving foward.

If I were an artist, I would be terrified to work for wotc because I wouldnt have gotten into this business to constantly defend my work.

I dunno.
It's pretty easy to block people and make real money. Working with not-WotC means making poverty wages (with rare exceptions)

Scribe

Legend
Expecting journalistic integrity in the year of our lord 2023?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Oh, out of YOUTUBE no less?

:ROFLMAO:

Remove ads