• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternate Psionics System for Modern/Future?

AscentStudios

First Post
If you can't get a hold of the Psychic's Handbook, there's also the old Shadowforce Archer supplements for Spycraft first edition - the core book had another skills n feats psionics ruleset, which you could use outside of the classes included in the system. The supplements added weirder psychic powers if you want to go beyond the basics, too. Definately different from the DnD style psionic powers if you're looking to go that route.

Greg K said:
I just sent an email to Green Ronin regarding the missing errata. The missing errata prompted me to check on the 3.5 updates for two of my other favorite GR products, the Shaman's Handbook and Witch's Handbook as I pimp those as well. It turned out the update for the latter was also missing. I hope the missing errata and update were just oversights.

Odd... I just went here: http://www.greenronin.com/errata/index.php and found both Shaman's errata and Witch's (v2). Maybe they fixed it?

The Psychic's Web Enhancement was a bit trickier to find. At least as of when I wrote this, you can download it here: http://www.greenronin.com/files/psychic_web.pdf Note that it only appears to work as a direct link.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Twowolves said:
A recap (or complete reprinting, I forget) of the Psychic's Handbook appears in the appendix of their Advanced Player's Manual.
No, not complete. Just what is needed to use the base class for d20 fantasy. Nothing more, from memory.

Greg K

Legend
Scurvy_Platypus,

Using the links, you supplied, I can find the errata and updates page, but I cannot a direct link to the errata page on any of the page links at www.greenronin.com. I wonder if the web designer or whomever manages the site left off a link.

Scurvy_Platypus said:
Odd... I just went here: http://www.greenronin.com/errata/index.php and found both Shaman's errata and Witch's (v2). Maybe they fixed it?

The Psychic's Web Enhancement was a bit trickier to find. At least as of when I wrote this, you can download it here: http://www.greenronin.com/files/psychic_web.pdf Note that it only appears to work as a direct link.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you aiming for with a different system?

After all, certain aspects of the 3.5Ed's XPH/CompPsi/Hyperconscious/Mind's Eye/Dragon#341 system could be used in a Modern or Future setting without problems.

For that matter, I'm sure some of the D20 versions of other Sci-Fi games probably have decent psi systems as well (I don't have any in front of me at the moment)- after all, Star Wars has The Force.

Khuxan

First Post
The Skills n Feats system I referred to I loaded to here. It seems to have disappeared off the web, and I believe it's for 3.0.

It might also be worth checking out SW Revised or SW Saga Edition.

Out of curiousity, what is the appeal of skills-n-feats psionic systems? Is it just because it differentiates psionics from magic?

Greg K said:
Scurvy_Platypus,

Using the links, you supplied, I can find the errata and updates page, but I cannot a direct link to the errata page on any of the page links at www.greenronin.com. I wonder if the web designer or whomever manages the site left off a link.

I dunno.

I'm glad the links work for you though.

From the looks of things, it seems like the errata page is an "old" one. Like it didn't get updated when they redid their site or something. Maybe they did just forget to put the link in though.

I admit I hit the page initially because I did a google search for errata. Personally, I'm not really a fan of their website, in part because I don't like trying to sort through a blog style website for a company selling products. I couldn't find a link for product support or errata, so I let google do the work for me. :)

Insight

Adventurer
Dannyalcatraz said:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you aiming for with a different system?

After all, certain aspects of the 3.5Ed's XPH/CompPsi/Hyperconscious/Mind's Eye/Dragon#341 system could be used in a Modern or Future setting without problems.

For that matter, I'm sure some of the D20 versions of other Sci-Fi games probably have decent psi systems as well (I don't have any in front of me at the moment)- after all, Star Wars has The Force.

My reasoning is that I want characters to have access to psi powers without it taking over the game, or forcing people to take class levels to improve their psionics.

It sounds like the Psychic's Handbook may have what I want.

Remove ads