• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternate Stats to AC

Three_Haligonians

First Post
The monk gets it Wisdom bonus to AC, the duelist and the bladesinger get Int (all or 1 per level depending on your 3.X version).

My question is, what else is out there? Feats? PrC's? Items? for your character's Str? Cha? or Con?

The reason that I ask, if it truly matters, is for character designing purposes but I'm also interested in opinions on if its a good mechanic or a broken one or whathaveyou.

J from Three Haligonians

Scharlata

First Post
Three_Haligonians said:
[...] My question is, what else is out there? Feats? PrC's? Items? for your character's Str? Cha? or Con?[...]

Hi!

The 2nd-level DEEPWARDEN (Races of Stone, p. 105) adds his CON bonus to AC instead of his DEX bonus (if it's higher). Class Feature: Stone Warden.

Enjoy!

glass

(he, him)
Scharlata said:
The 2nd-level DEEPWARDEN (Races of Stone, p. 105) adds his CON bonus to AC instead of his DEX bonus (if it's higher). Class Feature: Stone Warden.

IIRC, the Forsaker (3.0) got to add his Con as well as his Dex.

glass.

glass

(he, him)
Ryltar said:
The Forsaker wasn't exactly a balanced class, though ;).

I didn't say it was balanced, I said it added it Con bonus to AC! :)

Also, doesn't one of the [Divine] feats allow you to add your Cha bonus for a number of rounds?

glass.

Ryltar

First Post
Dex as well as Con :).

The [divine] feat you're thinking of is probably this?

SRD 3.5 said:
DIVINE MIGHT [DIVINE ]
Prerequisites: Str 13, turn or rebuke undead ability, Power Attack.

Benefit: As a free action, spend one of your turn or rebuke undead attempts to add your Charisma bonus to your weapon damage for 1 full round.

Didn't find anything relating to AC.

There were some weird ability-related feats in Complete Adventurer, though - maybe one of them fits the bill (don't have the book handy right now).

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
The Wilder is allowed to add his Charisma bonus to his AC against touch attacks.

Since I use damage reducing and converting armor, I allow the Wilder to add Charisma to Defense against all attacks. (It's also a bit of a bonus to Githzerai in my games.)

There's a Forgotten Realms PrC that adds Cha to AC. I think it's something like "Mystic Hermit" or something-- has bonuses when Brewing Potions and is some kind of loner. Mystic Wanderer?

glass

(he, him)
Ryltar said:
Dex as well as Con :).

The [divine] feat you're thinking of is probably this [divine might]? Didn't find anything relating to AC.

There were some weird ability-related feats in Complete Adventurer, though - maybe one of them fits the bill (don't have the book handy right now).

No, I knew what divine might does, and I don't have CAdv yet so it's not from there. Maybe it was a 3.0 one from DotF that didn't get updated. I'll check tonight.

glass.

Scharlata

First Post
glass said:
Also, doesn't one of the [Divine] feats allow you to add your Cha bonus for a number of rounds?

Hi!

Do you mean:

Ascetic Mage, Prereq.: Improved Unarmed Strike, Spontaneous 2nd-level arcane spells; Benefit: Monk and sorcerer levels stack for AC bonus (Cha-based), sacrifice spell to gain bonus on unarmed strike, Source: Complete Adventurer p. 105,

or is it

Divine Shield, Prereq.: Proficiency with a shield, Turn or rebuke undead ability; Benefit: Add Cha bonus as sacred bonus to your shield's defense, Source: Complete Warrior, p. 106?

Kind regards

moritheil

First Post
Scharlata said:
Divine Shield, Prereq.: Proficiency with a shield, Turn or rebuke undead ability; Benefit: Add Cha bonus as sacred bonus to your shield's defense, Source: Complete Warrior, p. 106?

Kind regards

He seems to be referring to Divine Shield. Nicely quoted.

Remove ads