AM: Danger Patrol! (Danger Patrol)

madwabbit

First Post
dp_button.jpg

We’re going to play Danger Patrol**, an action/adventure retro scifi game. The idea is to re-create the episodes of a 50s-style TV show in the vein of the old Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers serials (with maybe a dash of the Venture Bros., Star Wars, and Indiana Jones).

You’re all going to play members of the elite Danger Patrol: special super-powered crime fighters who protect Rocket City from evil Stygian Adepts, the nefarious agents of the Crimson Republic, rampaging monsters set loose by mad scientists, and other crazy threats.

We'll make our Danger Patrol heroes at the table, picking a Style and a Role. Your Style will tell everyone what kind of being you are: a Two-Fisted Man (or Woman) of Action, a Robot, a Mystic, a cybernetic Atomic, or something else altogether. Your Role will tell everyone what your job is on the team: A super-spy Agent, an elite soldier Commando, a wily Detective, a whiz-bang science/tech Professor, etc.

Once we've built the team, as the show's opening Narrator (the GM), I'll set up the adventure with the episode teaser, chock full of excitement and danger, and ZOOM!, we'll hop in the rocketship and be off on an another exciting episode of ... DANGER PATROL!

Player 1: Xer0
Player 2: The_Universe
Player 3: JC
Player 4: Morgana (Talltree?)
Player 5: Psion

Alt 1: Supplanter
Alt 2: Dire Wolf

** Danger Patrol! is a game still in development, brought to us by John Harper, the same cool cat who designed and produced Agon and Lady Blackbird.

Last edited:

Xer0

First Post
You do realize that if you and Psion are running games at the same time, you're going to force me to make a very difficult decision, yes?

madwabbit

First Post
You do realize that if you and Psion are running games at the same time, you're going to force me to make a very difficult decision, yes?
Well, we'll see ... he may decide to run his game in the afternoon, or I may switch my session to the afternoon, or I might even run two sessions. It all depends upon other GMs posting their games ... so hopefully they'll get off their Cheeto-eatin' rumps and get 'em listed! ;)

Psion

Adventurer

As I want to play this, and I prefer to run in the afternoon anyways, I'll probably schedule my FC game for then. :cool:

I'll post my game tonight (need time to come up with a snazzy sales blurb and all that.)

Xer0

First Post
As I want to play this, and I prefer to run in the afternoon anyways, I'll probably schedule my FC game for then. :cool:

I'll post my game tonight (need time to come up with a snazzy sales blurb and all that.)

Excellent. My day has been planned then.

Psion

Adventurer
That sounds kinda odd. Is it that player intensive?

I've never played this, and just looking at the rules, it doesn't seem like it would be that rough. The thread over at story-games was started by a players looking at running 8-10 players. Initially I thought MW might be over-reacting, but a later post in the thread by James Mullen running with 6 players gave me pause.

I'd love to get in, but if not, I might be able to open something in the morning.

Remove ads