AM: Danger Patrol! (Danger Patrol)

madwabbit

First Post
That sounds kinda odd. Is it that player intensive?
It's like Lady Blackbird in that the players need a lot of screen-time to set their scene, and the GM needs to make sure that each player gets enough input and setup to make that happen. It's a bit more than just rolling dice -- players have to narrate actions and such.

I've never played this, and just looking at the rules, it doesn't seem like it would be that rough.
Well, so did I and I thought so too, but when I asked Harper in his original Alpha playtest thread, he specifically said "4 is my limit. I prefer to run for 3."

Dunno. What I do know is that Lady Blackbird with 6 was a lot less fun (for me, and probably for the players) than it was with 5. One player more or less could be the tipping point.

In any event, we're all about pushing the envelope at Gamedays anyway, so I may go back to 5. I *could* run two sessions, but I'd really like to play something in the afternoon as well.

John Crichton

First Post
In any event, we're all about pushing the envelope at Gamedays anyway, so I may go back to 5. I *could* run two sessions, but I'd really like to play something in the afternoon as well.
I'd say it's more about having fun. If the creator says go with 4, that's more than good enough for me. I was just curious.

I know that it doesn't seem like a big difference but that one person can absolutely tip the scales of how much fun everyone has, like you said above. :)

madwabbit

First Post
I told her that I could pull some strings and get her in this game but she would have to perform unspeakable acts, the like of which I can't talk about at ENWorld, upon my person tonight.

So that's cool.
Glad I could help -- sorry I didn't reply more quickly, but I was busy correcting the spelling and grammar errors in your game announcement post.

Remove ads