Am I the only one?

Ok, first, I love flashchat, I reckon its great, much better then that 'ol ichat thing we used to use, but i've been noticing lately that sometimes when I type something in and then hit enter to post it in the chat window, it doesn't show up in the main dialogue! Lag demons eat my posts :(

Does this happen to anyone else? I can't remember when it started doing it, but it hasn't always done it. Usually happens when you've written a big long post too, you hit enter, it loads and you wait and wait (assuming its lagging or something) and then it never shows up and you have to write it all out again.

...I finally cracked and just had to find out of it was just me, or if this had been happening to other people.
I'm running XP, and use a firefox browser (version 1.5?) if that helps, but I do remember that this problem hasn't always been around, and has only really been bugging me recently (maybe the last 3 months or so as a guess?)

Anyway, any help on the problem would be much appreciated.

Mortonia

First Post
I have to say I haven't noticed this. If my posts don't show up it's because my client timed out and died.

I too am running firefox. You may just want to update to Firefox 2.0, and get the latest update to the flash player.

Bari

First Post
It doesn't happy to me neither, and I also run FireFox. No idea of the version... no, it doesn't happen to me neither.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
It has, on occassion, happened to me. But, only a couple times (now that I'm typing that, you know what's going to happen. . ). So, I've nothing helpful to say, and can't think of why I'm posting. ;p

Well, I just updated to firefox 2.0, so I guess I'll see how that goes. Bad thing is that it happens so randomly, so it might take a while to determine if the browser update fixed it.

Edit: And yeah, its defiantly not the chat window freezing up, I can type stuff in again later no problem.

Last edited:

Lince'sa

First Post
in MANY, not all cases, it's because I hit shift or some other such button before I hit enter and it sends my post to the next line. I spend 5+ minutes waiting to see a response to a line I never typed in open chat, give up and reboot.

This isn't always the case, but it happens. next time it happens to you, try hitting backspace a few times, JUST to be sure. it may or may not be the case. but it can't hurt to try.

Bari

First Post
I think that's because you use Shift+Enter to go down a line. You use that when, for example, your character sings. It also happens in MSN, YIM and such.

Last edited:

Jeajea

First Post
It happens to me, too. I haven't noticed any particular pattern, but I can attest to it. I use ie7 now for the chat, though Firefox 2.0 for the boards. I prefer the Firefox, but it won't do the chat at all, so...

Remove ads