• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazing Engine?

Scribble

First Post
Did any of you guys ever play this system? (It was actually released right?)

How was it? Any good?

I came across an old dragon article about it the other day, and realized I'd forgotten all about this game.

Bumbles

First Post
Yes, it was released, and it had some decent ideas and interesting settings, but it was a tad...sparse, I guess, so you had to fill in a good bit yourself.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
We tried a Tabloid! Game that never got off the ground. I have all the books and I find them to be very valuable resources for other games. I used them in other venues including a Buck Rogers XXVc game where I replaced their Earth with the Kromosome Earth, or the Pendragon game I tried to set Once and Future King. I've used Faerie, Queen, and Country as background material for Masque of the Red Death. I've pulled the races from Galactos Barrier out for other SciFi Games. But I think my most successful has been using nWoD to run a Bughunters game.

occam

Adventurer
I ran a couple sessions of Bughunters, which was pretty fun, and I still believe that Magitech has one of the most elegant magic-use systems ever devised. I have several of the others, and while the rules are straightforward and the settings are interesting and imaginative, there was no more support after that. If you have time for adventure development, I think it could still be a lot of fun to try out.

Remove ads