• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

Hussar

Legend
I mean, there are a number of 5E APs that have been in print longer than 3E or 3.5 Core books were, forget about 3.x Adventure books.
Sure. All one has to do is look at @BenRiggs' Slaying the Dragon threads and see how fast products would tank in sales. If core books and core setting books had a half life measured in months, a 12 dollar module was probably measured in weeks after release. Sure, they'd have a tail of sales afterwards, but, basically, six months after a module came out, it wasn't going to sell much anymore.

We're in a period now where, as you say, 5e AP's have probably approached the total SALES of Core books, never minding age. I just looked at it and Hoard of Dragon Queen was in the 6000 range. That's freaking ASTONISHING. Heck, the 2014 Start Boxed set is sitting at three HUNDRED. Holy crap.

Lost Mines of Phandelver is definitely this generation's Keep on the Borderlands.

Hussar

Legend
This is why it's hard for me to believe they will push a brand new edition. I don't even think they will officially call it 5.5e.
Oh, absolutely. Heck, they don't even call it 5e. Only we call it 5e. WotC just calls it D&D. But, yeah, I don't think WotC would be foolish enough at this point to stir the pot too much.

My prediction? The rerelease will be a clean up of language, some changes to the monsters that we've seen to streamline running things at the table, and assorted bits and bobs. To the point where mixing older books with newer probably won't even be all that noticeable much of the time.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh, absolutely. Heck, they don't even call it 5e. Only we call it 5e. WotC just calls it D&D. But, yeah, I don't think WotC would be foolish enough at this point to stir the pot too much.

My prediction? The rerelease will be a clean up of language, some changes to the monsters that we've seen to streamline running things at the table, and assorted bits and bobs. To the point where mixing older books with newer probably won't even be all that noticeable much of the time.
I predict that everything from the Sage Compendoum will be used to rewrite the relevant rules to avoid any potential counter readings. Mainly be ause Crawford said that was his plan for the Sage Compendiun a couple years ago, to inform the next iteration of core.

Hussar

Legend
I predict that everything from the Sage Compendoum will be used to rewrite the relevant rules to avoid any potential counter readings. Mainly be ause Crawford said that was his plan for the Sage Compendiun a couple years ago, to inform the next iteration of core.
Well, it makes sense. If they are getting a thousand questions about some topic, then, well, that's probably something that the rules could use a bit of work on. At a guess, I think they probably keep some track on how often this or that comes up and use that to inform future design.

darjr

I crit!
Radiant Citadel broke 300 and is at 210!

Reviews are up too.
Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 3.23.49 PM.png

The special cover is at 8987 in toys and games
Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 3.26.13 PM.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads