Ambiguously Gendered Return of 'What is the Hivemind?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Steve Jung said:
*raises hand* Um. Mr. Arden. I never learned about matrices. :heh:
I am too.
Don't worry about what the matrix then. Just assume that its a magic square of numbers that when you multiply it by itself enough times, the Fibonacci numbers will magically appear for you in the upper-left corner of the square

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
OK. Now the fun part.

Now if you're following, you can tell me my secret method :)

nope. You lost me at matrix.
I spent several hours last semester trying to square a 5x5 matrix
It didn't need to be squared, just running the data through twice was acceptable. I knew this and I was trying to see I could do it
the answer was no.
now just considering them makes my head hurt.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
nope. You lost me at matrix.
I spent several hours last semester trying to square a 5x5 matrix
It didn't need to be squared, just running the data through twice was acceptable. I knew this and I was trying to see I could do it
the answer was no.
now just considering them makes my head hurt.
Follow my advice from above--pretend its not a matrix. Its just some variable that gives you the Fibonacci numbers when you multiply by itself :)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
Follow my advice from above--pretend its not a matrix. Its just some variable that gives you the Fibonacci numbers when you multiply by itself :)

Okay I'll see what I can do with it.
Nobody gets it when I use the Fibonacci sequence in my D&D campains - unless it is posed directly as a puzzle.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Nobody gets it when I use the Fibonacci sequence in my D&D campains - unless it is posed directly as a puzzle.
Okey dokey. The key is to combine the two things I mentioned to calculate Fibonacci numbers really really super duper fast :)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Evilhalfling said:

That'd blow all my fellow players' minds as math in general blows their minds. They'd be pulling out the calculators for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads