• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

American Idol-sheesh!

Mystery Man

First Post
I've been following this stupid show this season for some reason. I guess William Hung hooked me.
But here's the deal, last night really ticked me off. Not that Latoya London got voted off, although she was one of my favs. It's the judges going off and telling America how stupid they are. Who do they think they are? If your going to let America vote you'll have to live with the outcome. Randy Jackson is the worst, quit your pissing and moaning and deal with it!

Dimwhit

Explorer
Mystery Man said:
I've been following this stupid show this season for some reason. I guess William Hung hooked me.
But here's the deal, last night really ticked me off. Not that Latoya London got voted off, although she was one of my favs. It's the judges going off and telling America how stupid they are. Who do they think they are? If your going to let America vote you'll have to live with the outcome. Randy Jackson is the worst, quit your pissing and moaning and deal with it!

I don't know. Hard to get mad at the judges for speaking the truth. I think they realize that it's America's decision and they have to live with it (I know Simon does), but it has to be hard for them to stay quite after a moronic voting that resulted in last night's show. Based on the results, I have to say that, at the very least, there are a lot of stupid people in America.

Not sure why I watch the show, either. Extreme boredom...

Mystery Man

First Post
Simon said it best; "It's subjective", or there are are a heluva lot of people in Hawaii that have cell phones.

If anyone has to go is Fantasia, we already have one squeaky voiced Macy Gray to make our ears bleed. We do not need another! :D

Last edited:

Dimwhit

Explorer
Mystery Man said:
Simon said it best; "It's subjective", or there are are a heluva lot of people in Hawaii that have cell phones.

I'm gonna go with the 'heluva lot of people in Hawaii that have cell phones.' Only reasonable explaination.

Mystery Man said:
If anyone has to go is Fantasia, we already have one squeaky voiced Macy Gray to make our ears bleed. We do not need another! :D

Agreed. I was hoping she'd get booted instead of LaToya.

At least we know who will leave next week. :)

Sirius_Black

First Post
Mystery Man said:

Never underestimate the power of a woman's tears. The minute Jasmine started crying after the judges' comments on her second song, I turned to my wife and said:

"There is no way, she's getting voted off."

Dimwhit

Explorer
Sirius_Black said:
Never underestimate the power of a woman's tears. The minute Jasmine started crying after the judges' comments on her second song, I turned to my wife and said:

"There is no way, she's getting voted off."

Which is a shame, because those were the tears of a woman who knew she had no business being there any more.

NeoSamurai

First Post
Or it could be the fact that Simon and co. who disliked Jasmine's performances (and they have ragged on her despite her being more marketable and a decent singer--though not all around-- than the other candidates) are totally out of touch with the 12-19 year old girl demographic who voted for Jasmine.

Seriously, these American Idols are supposed to be "Teen Idols" more than anything else and musical performance is only part of it. There's marketablility, there's attitude and there's style (just to name a few other factors). Simon, Randy and Paula have just demonstrated that they are only looking at performance rather than the other factors.

Krieg

First Post
Dimwhit said:
.../snip/...at the very least, there are a lot of stupid people in America.

Not sure why I watch the show,.../snip/...

Must...resist...urge...to...make...snide...comment! ;)

MEG Hal

First Post
Dimwhit said:
I'm gonna go with the 'heluva lot of people in Hawaii that have cell phones.

I do not waych the show BUT I heard on the radio that due to the difference in time zones the people in Hawaii had a better chance of the calls getting through--it was an interesting idea...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads