Amethyst RPG Cover Art Posted (even more images)

Andor

First Post
From what I learned poking about the site, it looks as though there was some kind of apocolypse shortly before or concurrent with the apperance of magic that wiped out 90-95% of the human population.

So I think poor AC was the least of anyones worries. :D

Dias Ex Machina

Publisher / Game Designer
Andor is correct. In order to create a new world, there was a great calamity that claimed a large portion of the human population. When magic invaded, technology was forced into small areas on the planet and are still fighting to reclaim it from fantasy.

And we have already made a few tweaks to the final look of the product. We are not removing the border cause we love it too much. But we have already implemented several changes already. The preview is about three weeks old. Thanks for the advice.

It tries to approach role playing a little differently but it doesn't go about trying to re-write the rules. You won't find any huge swathing changes to the 3.5 D&D ruleset. We have a revised spell listing, a handful of new feats which are really carried over from D20 Modern, a plethora of weapons, and a few other candies. It wasn't our intention to redefine the system but to present a new idea within it.

As for being stand-alone, we don't plan on leaving it be. As it is, the world presented in the book is ONLY of North and South America (which have been renamed in this time). We have designs on the entire planet but at 400 pages, we needed to keep the content down as it was. And because each book progresses a story, the next big supplement would be Europe and Africa, and another for Central and Eastern Asia. Not eliminating the idea of side books to explore specific ideas or regions, but we are keeping our goals limited and keeping our scope narrow to make sure each book is the best it can be.

ClassesFNLflat.jpg

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
That art is truly beautiful. I swear I recognize the style, and they're all sepias. Is it the guy who does all those White Wolf sepia pieces?

I'd buy it for the art alone, just gorgeous.

EDIT: Dragon meet SAM, SAM say hello to Dragon! Aww I had a little friend but he don't move no more!

Remove ads