• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Awesome Moment

Phaezen

Adventurer
I consider petitioner for adding posting links to tvtropes as a crime against humanity or something like that. It's the first big "WTD" - Weapon of Time Destruction - created, I suppose.

See, Now I thought that would have been Enworld :angel:

Back on topic,

Raven - awesome scene, nicely done by you and your dm.

If you are ever in Cape Town looking for a game, some of my players could use this kind of example to rub off on them ;)

Phaezen

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I just had a "thrown from a bridge" moment in my PbP game.

The PCs' airship had been attacked and boarded by pirates.

One of the NPC elites has been fighting a couple of the PCs on the pirate ship; she breaks off and heads for the PCs' ship. She's running across the big hawser the pirates fired, which is currently connecting the two ships together.

The PC rogue is 7 squares away. She spends a move action to run 6 squares (taking two OAs in the process, and making the Acrobatics check to run out on the rope), then uses Deft Strike to move two more squares and attack; the two squares she moves are to jump off the rope into midair, alongside the NPC.

Then she spends an action point, and makes a second attack - Bait and Switch, the encounter power that lets you switch places with your target. She ends up back on the rope, and the NPC... doesn't.

When you add Piratecat's narrative of the events, it becomes a thing of beauty.

(Of course, if Bait and Switch had missed, this would go down as one of the Worst Ideas Ever ;) )

-Hyp.

Ravingdork

Explorer
I just had a "thrown from a bridge" moment in my PbP game.

The PCs' airship had been attacked and boarded by pirates.

One of the NPC elites has been fighting a couple of the PCs on the pirate ship; she breaks off and heads for the PCs' ship. She's running across the big hawser the pirates fired, which is currently connecting the two ships together.

The PC rogue is 7 squares away. She spends a move action to run 6 squares (taking two OAs in the process, and making the Acrobatics check to run out on the rope), then uses Deft Strike to move two more squares and attack; the two squares she moves are to jump off the rope into midair, alongside the NPC.

Then she spends an action point, and makes a second attack - Bait and Switch, the encounter power that lets you switch places with your target. She ends up back on the rope, and the NPC... doesn't.

When you add Piratecat's narrative of the events, it becomes a thing of beauty.

(Of course, if Bait and Switch had missed, this would go down as one of the Worst Ideas Ever ;) )

-Hyp.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I am having trouble following. Could you maybe describe the scene of swesomeness instead of the telling about the rules behind it?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I am having trouble following. Could you maybe describe the scene of swesomeness instead of the telling about the rules behind it?

In Piratecat's own words:
Piratecat said:
Caducity sprints across the deck. She makes a beeline for the scorpion [massive crossbow, not a big poison-tailed arachnid :) ], ignoring a second pirate as she leaps to the rail and out onto the thick hawser that links the two ships. She looks down and winces when she realizes what she's going to have to do.

"Slattern, we aren't done. Didn't you hear my flask-throwing friend? You're not welcome on our ship." Caducity races along the hawser and, just before she reaches Jillian, flings herself out into thin air to the sky witch's side. Her dagger snaps out, burying itself in Jillian's stomach. The witch inadvertently leans forward, and as Caducity begins to fall she grabs Jillian's hair. Still using the momentum from her run, she wrenches and spins. Jillian is yanked off the rope into thin air. Caducity barely regains her footing on the rope, and just like that, Jillian is where Caducity was seconds before.. hanging in thin air with no rope underneath her.

"Bye," says Caducity as her dagger flies back into her hand. And she retreats the rest of the way down the hawser back to her own ship.

-Hyp.

Remove ads