Ancestrial Relic Feat ??

R-Hero

Explorer
Ancestral Relic. Sacrifice gold or goods in amount X to awaken spirits in said weapon dependant on level of character.

+1 costs 1000 gold, +2 costs 8000 gp, + 10 costs 200,000 gp. Right?

Why does the table in B.o.E.D. (4-2 page 41) go to 380,000 gp at 20th level? Can an ancestral relic have more than +10 enhancement?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
You missed that the item does not have to be a weapon.
Looking at other items they all top out at 200,000 as well so this may be a non-epic price limitation.
combination wonderous items or rings could pass this limit.
Otherwise intellegence and special purpose could add over 200,000

edit a holy avenger 120,000 could be intelligent (12k), provide +10 to 3 skills(15k), haste its wielder (16k) magic circle vs evil at will(16k) and True Res (200k) = 379,630

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
There are things that you can add that don't count as +'s but just add cost to the item, such as "silent moves" or "shadow" if you are talking about armor.

R-Hero

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
You missed that the item does not have to be a weapon.

Actually, no. I am playing a low level paladin that has taken Anc. Relic at 3rd level. His shield is the relic. (Part weapon & part armor)

Evilhalfling said:
Looking at other items they all top out at 200,000 as well so this may be a non-epic price limitation.
combination wonderous items or rings could pass this limit.
Otherwise intellegence and special purpose could add over 200,000

edit a holy avenger 120,000 could be intelligent (12k), provide +10 to 3 skills(15k), haste its wielder (16k) magic circle vs evil at will(16k) and True Res (200k) = 379,630

I see your point but not really possible at starting levels. DM won't start me with Holy Avenger.

I am going to take Annointed Knight and add more enchantments beyond the standard list as well. Really try to give my Dm heatburn ;)

Brain said:
There are things that you can add that don't count as +'s but just add cost to the item, such as "silent moves" or "shadow" if you are talking about armor.

O.K. Good to know.

Remove ads