• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ancestrial Relic Feat ??

R-Hero

Explorer
Ancestral Relic. Sacrifice gold or goods in amount X to awaken spirits in said weapon dependant on level of character.

+1 costs 1000 gold, +2 costs 8000 gp, + 10 costs 200,000 gp. Right?

Why does the table in B.o.E.D. (4-2 page 41) go to 380,000 gp at 20th level? Can an ancestral relic have more than +10 enhancement?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
You missed that the item does not have to be a weapon.
Looking at other items they all top out at 200,000 as well so this may be a non-epic price limitation.
combination wonderous items or rings could pass this limit.
Otherwise intellegence and special purpose could add over 200,000

edit a holy avenger 120,000 could be intelligent (12k), provide +10 to 3 skills(15k), haste its wielder (16k) magic circle vs evil at will(16k) and True Res (200k) = 379,630

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
There are things that you can add that don't count as +'s but just add cost to the item, such as "silent moves" or "shadow" if you are talking about armor.

R-Hero

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
You missed that the item does not have to be a weapon.

Actually, no. I am playing a low level paladin that has taken Anc. Relic at 3rd level. His shield is the relic. (Part weapon & part armor)

Evilhalfling said:
Looking at other items they all top out at 200,000 as well so this may be a non-epic price limitation.
combination wonderous items or rings could pass this limit.
Otherwise intellegence and special purpose could add over 200,000

edit a holy avenger 120,000 could be intelligent (12k), provide +10 to 3 skills(15k), haste its wielder (16k) magic circle vs evil at will(16k) and True Res (200k) = 379,630

I see your point but not really possible at starting levels. DM won't start me with Holy Avenger.

I am going to take Annointed Knight and add more enchantments beyond the standard list as well. Really try to give my Dm heatburn ;)

Brain said:
There are things that you can add that don't count as +'s but just add cost to the item, such as "silent moves" or "shadow" if you are talking about armor.

O.K. Good to know.

Remove ads