• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

And So It Begins.. (Babylon 5 d20 Game)

Crothian

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Bah...Earthling hire me? Dobar laughs with deep Drazi voice that sounds like a bark
Hmmm... how much money? where do we meet them ? he says to David.

"No idea, friend, no idea"

denthil

First Post
Geoff nods and shakes Dobar's hand.

I guess we will be seeing each other soon enough. If you don't have anything you need from me then I will be ... Looking into a few things.

Geoff then looks back to the direction that the other left towards and turns sharply. Thinking to himself he decides he has a number of things to check on quickly before this meeting at 16:00; this Ramirez guy, the vid for this area, the backgrounds of this guy who "altered" the vid if it even is, and now this Drazi, Minbari, and Human.

Geoff then taps his com link

Disturbance in Brown Eleven is under control parties have dispersed and no charges are being pressed. Going to come in to run a few background checks on those involved to make sure nothing else is going on.

Geoff then looks knowingly towards the others pointed out in the conversation and begins to head out.

Dobar

Dobar collect his few unbroken toys and decided to leave to his quarters
Meassage, I'll check my meassages and pack my things
He thinks to himself and leave.

He will return to the Nova nine pub later to the meeting.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
David, Geoff, Selise, Dobar

"If I knew anymore, I'd tell you." The man turns around and leaves, leaving the rest of you to chat amongst yourselves. Dobar finds himself with few things left, enough to put in a carryall and return to his quarters. Selise can instantly feel the deception coming from this man, at least far as him not knowing anything. David finds himself alone with a Minbari.

Enlighten, I made this Sense Motive check for you, but if you want to make another such check in the future, please use the dice roller.

Geoff, after getting a response from Security command and then leaving, goes to find out some more information on this Paul character and everything else that has occured.

I need you to roll a Computer Use check, Denthil. Add a +2 circumstance bonus for being in security.

Varn

The man smiles and says, "Aye, at's and oldie but a goodie. Comin' righ' up." He wanders away to fetch your drink. Not too long after he returns, as time grows nearer your time to meet, you notice a group of people start heading towards the back room. Two men and one woman, all human. You recognize none of them.

tyrlaan

Explorer
shadowbloodmoon said:
The man smiles and says, "Aye, at's and oldie but a goodie. Comin' righ' up." He wanders away to fetch your drink. Not too long after he returns, as time grows nearer your time to meet, you notice a group of people start heading towards the back room. Two men and one woman, all human. You recognize none of them.
Varn assumes these are the people looking to hire him. He also knows that he's not the only one they're hiring, and he'd like to make his entrance when everyone else has arrived. He stays put and enjoys his drink.

Crothian

First Post
With everyone esle splitting up, David is just going to wonder around B5 a little more slowly making his way back to his quarters.

Standing there alone now. Not sure if she wants to involve herself in this she goes back to her quarters to meditate upon it. When she arrives she prepares herself for meditation.

OOC-I will be sure to do that. I thought of it and forgot eek.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Dobar

Upon returning to your quarters, you find a message waiting for you. It reads:

Nova Nine Pub, 1600 hours, all details will be explained there.

You also see a postscript attached that states a small amount of credits has been paid to compensate you for the damage to your goods.

David

The rest of your wandering is fairly uneventful, unless you count a few hushed dealings here and there, a few security breaches that seem to get overlooked, things like that. When you do eventually return to your quarters, another message from the woman is waiting for you.

"I'm looking forward to meeting you in person, Mr. McCall. The Nova Nine Pub, in Red Sector. 1600 hours. Payment options, the mission, et cetera will be explained by Mr. Anderson when you arrive. I think you'll like this one."

With that, the message ends. Looking at the clock, you see that you still have a few minutes before they want you to be there.

Selise

Arriving at your quarters, your mind in bewilderment, you find that, as promised, there is a message waiting for you. A man comes on the screen.

"Greetings Honored Selise. My name is Paul Ramirez. My apologies for the way in which we introduced ourselves to you. However, a test was required to see if you were qualified for what we had in mind. Do not worry, we were very satisfied with the results. I realize that you are comfortable where you are, but our mission will require a person of your talents. At least to keep the group together and focused on the mission.

We are prepared to make tributary payments to your government in order to compensate you for your time. Please meet with us at the Nova Nine Pub at 1600 hours and everything will be explained there. We realize Minbari do not drink, so we have made sure to have the pub's owners accomodate that. I look forward to having you there. "

Geoff
You finally get your chance to get a background check run on these people without too much of a hassle.

Paul Ramirez is listed as an independant contractor who has been in and out of Babylon 5 five times in the last week. His only record has unpaid bar tabs on it. The vid of the area where the fight occured was indeed altered, as the time frame you input only showed the Drazi selling his wares. You can almost pick out a loop pattern, but you are unable to dig any further.

The man that spoke to all of you comes up as a Dave McCullough. You actually get that information from some fellow security officers. He's been brought in on numerous drunk and disorderly charges as well as minor assault charges. The other humans that were with him register as having similar backgrounds.

The Drazi that was there comes up listed as a simple merchant. Although he doesn't have a merchant's license, he also doesn't have a record, so most security leave him alone, especially when we gives discounts on robot toys for their children back home. You also find that he had been a ship's engineer at one time.

The Minbari is a new arrival to Babylon 5 at not much is listed on her other than her home on Minbar.

The other human that had arrived is one David McCall. You thought you recognized him before, but now you're sure of it. He fought on the Battle of the Line, but where you were on the ground on Io, he was in space flying a Starfury. He was there with you when you all received your Line Medals. As far as his record goes, you find that he has been back and forth to Babylon 5 many times, but his business is unknown.

Varn is busy enjoying his drinks, as well as a true Centauri should be...

Crothian

First Post
David

I gather up my stuff and make my way to the Nova Nine Pub. I 'll get there a little early and take a seat somewhere and start drinking some ginger ale.

Remove ads