And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
"See, 'e wen' ta dis in'ersection--" says Scarmiglione, once the group is outside. "Erm, I mean he entered the sewers at this particular intersection, so it should be possible to track him from there. If you insist on tracking this foolish young fellow through a sewer, that is. I found an entry in Castor's logbook about it--it seems he's working for an individual with the initials 'MF.'" Scarmiglione fishes a small hand mirror out of his pocket and proceeds to frowningly examine his beak, which now looks as though a gifted artist somehow managed to paint an intricate design on it in the brief period during which he was out of view.

Mewness

First Post
Heaving a deep, tragic sigh, Scarmiglione removes most of his clothes, rolls them up, and stows them in his pack. "You'd think that this eager young fellow would at the very least have a sense of romance about adventure," he complains as he follows Kaz into the sewers. "Someone asks him to fetch something out of a sewer, and he agrees? What if an employer were seeking brave heroes to remove the vile stains of iniquity from his magical scullery? Would he have signed up for that?"

I wish I'd learned that cleansing ritual. It would have come in handy as we venture into the sewers...

OOC: I'm traveling to europe for the next week or so, and may not have access. If we're in combat or skill challenge, run my character for me if I'm the last one up.

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto enters the sewers last, but not out of any reluctance to the environment. She looks around curiously.

"It seems okay to me. Except for the smell, maybe."
She figures that if there's running water, it can't be all that bad.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I wish I'd learned that cleansing ritual. It would have come in handy as we venture into the sewers...
"It seems okay to me. Except for the smell, maybe."
Eithal tries to be encouraging as she helps Toeto through the opening, "It's rehlih not thayat bayad wonce yew git yewsed to eht," she ponders for the right image to put on the smell, "Jus' theyink of a fahm weyith dayrie cayows"
[sblock=Intelligence DC 250...Aw heck! Go ahead and look!]Translation: It's really not that bad once you get used to it. Just think of a farm with dairy cows.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
GM: I apologise everyone. I got ambushed at the lab with a pile of something called "work." Apparently they don't understand that I've got posts to make. I should be able to get something up sometime today.

twilsemail

First Post
The party descends into the musty depths of the city’s sewers. The tunnels in this particular section are larger than the party might have expected and surprisingly clean. No one would eat off of them, but the walkways are clear and the walls free of most kinds of growth. The tunnels are about twenty feet across in most places and there is a definite source and destination to their flow. After a few moments of investigation the party determines that Mikhael and Shod traveled in the same direction as the effluence.

Shortly after they begin travelling they find the corpses of a few giant rats, apparently slain by the duo.

[sblock=Perception 18]The pair seems to have given better than they got, but there are signs of blood farther down the tunnel. These clear up as the party proceeds down the tunnel.[/sblock]

GM: What is the party’s traveling order? What are you using for a light source?

Mewness

First Post
"Giant rats. Marvellous," mutters Scarmiglione sarcastically.

[sblock=ooc]Scarm can't carry a light as he has things in both hands.

Marching order. Hmm defenders in front, strikers in second row, leaders and controllers in the back?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads