And The World Still Needs Heroes <3.5>

DMAn-D

First Post
Greetings, I'm new here but not new to DnD (well I don't consider myself new). I began playing at the end of the 2nd edition era and have since become quite fond of the 3.0 and 3.5 rules. I have run a few campaigns, but most have failed due to players vanishing. So, before I post any details of my campaign, I must demand there be some degree of commitment to the game. A DM is only as good as their players, and if I have to continously deal with vanishing and replacing players, everyone suffers and the game tends to fall apart. Being a college student, I will be busy this year, but I promise *at least* one post a day. All I ask is for the same promise. Oh, role-playing. I love role-playing. It makes DMing so much more exciting. Roleplayers will be rewarded. Now, onto the juicy part.

What I Am Looking For:
I am only looking for two (maybe three) players for a campaign that I am about ready to start. Already, I have three friends of mine playing (either setting up their characters now or waiting for me to start). So, I just want to pop a few more people in the party to make this more exciting. I would like to also note that one of my friends is very new to DnD, so there may be some times where we slow down so I can explain things to him (I'll try to do this as much as possible over IM). So we got a newbie in this game...don't join if you want to deal with questions or some mess-ups, its probably going to happen.

Setting:
I am most familiar with the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, and that is where this game will take place...though expect me to make up a few important towns and areas. It'll be a classic setting with a few new sights to take in. Don't worry, I don't plan on damaging the Realms that badly. :lol:

So Whats Going To Happen In This Campaign?
You actually won't start in a tavern and overhear a rumor at the begining of this campaign (as classic as that is). You'll be immediatly challenged at the beginning though not in the main story-arc of my campaign. It'll give you the opportunity to work out your character in the game and to interact with your party without being rushed. Once you get through the first little challenge the real arc will begin.

Characters:
Rather then start people out all at the same level, I'm trying something a bit different. You can start at any level between 1 and 3. But the level you start out at affects the amount of gold you have to purchase starting equipment. Now see my clever little table:

Level ----- Gold
1 ---------- 300
2 ---------- 200
3 ---------- 100

That should make sense. Higher level, less gold.

It should be noted that magical classes (wizards and whatnot) might have a more difficult time later on in the campaign once everything really gets moving. Meet the challenge and reap the reward.

This will mostly be a good-aligned campaign, keep that in mind when chosing alignment. Have a good reason if you want to be something on the 'dark side' as it were.

I would prefer everyone to chose races and classes from core rulebooks (I've had problems with monster races in the past). If you want to be something different (a subrace or some kind of basic monster race (goblin, orc etc)), please contact me with what you want to do before making your character. I'm more then willing to accept them, but I'm still wary. Sometimes the simpliest races are best. Remember level adjustments when you want to work with different races. EX: A starting level 1 tiefling (+1 level adjustment) will only get 200 gold.

As for ability scores go, lets go with the 4d6, drop the lowest method. You can pool those six numbers and put them into any ability score you want. Once again, honor system for this...if you make a character with six 18s, then expect a dragon/lich/tarrasque attack very, very soon. :D

House Rules
Some basic things to keep in mind, this list will probably update and grow as I see fit.

1) Casters get the Eschew Materials feat for free. Its too complicated dealing with thousands of little spell components. Spells with components that cost more then 75 gold must be paid for though (ie: Identify's 100gp pearl etc). All XP components needed for spell must be paid for in full. Three spells per day can be scribed into a spellbook (one spell per 8 hours), but that entire day must be spent in a restful state (no traveling or fighting). In this game, 3.5 spell versions always trump the 3.0 version of the spell.

2) As far as dice rolling goes, I use the honor system. You can use a dice roller on the internet (if possible a link to said roll would be nice) or you own special dice (as I like doing). If you consecutively get high rolls and I start to feel someone is cheating the honor system, terrible things will happen. Terrible. Like "worst parts of the bible" terrible.

3) If you get a feat early on, but never use it (you decide to go a different way with your character then you originally plan), once per level you may switch out the unused feat with a new one. This can only be done at my discretion and can only be done with feats that you have chosen (not racial or class feats).

4) As long as I feel you are in an area that is full of food/water, I will not require that you carry it with you or actually eat (though roleplaying is always fun). If you find yourself on a boat, or desert or other barren wasteland type of thing, you will be required to either have food or start hunting/forgaging.

5) A player's Spell Resistance does not affect harmless or positive spells (healing etc). Only hostile ones. No need to lower SR (a standard action according to the PHB) to recieve certain spells.

I think thats it. If you have questions or are interested you can either PM me here, reply to this post, IM me at either (AIM: gunmetalandy) or (YIM: editor_andy) or you can email me at editor_andy@yahoo.com.

The game will be played at http://pdprod.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15 (this is essentially a forum that my friends and I use to stay in contact while at college and whatnot. This link leads to my campaign...the rest of the site is general silliness which you can involve yourself in or not. My name there is An-D (my real name is Andrew/Andy and if you say An-D just as I write it it sounds like Andy but really isn't spelled that way. It makes me feel clever ;) ) At the moment, the game-board is in its planning stages. Before the game starts it will be organized in to something that makes sense for a pbmb game.

And woot.

Last edited:

Remove ads