• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angel 4/16/03 --Spoilers!

WizarDru

Adventurer
Well, Geez.

Another great episode from a season that continues to entertain and delight. Fred showing why she's one of my favorite characters, and a good solid plot to show off all the cast members. Lorne's really come into his own, now that he's a regular cast member. The baseball bat was laugh out loud funny.

And Jasmine is really getting creepy. Outstanding stuff, really.

The really funny thing? Tivo switched over to the channel in time, and I thought (at first) that we'd switched into the Gilmore Girls, with the shiny, happy opening. :)

shilsen

Adventurer
I've got to say I'm really impressed with the series. This season it's been streets ahead of "Buffy", IMO. Some of the creepiest lines in this episode were the completely innocuous ones. "Nobody need ever be lonely again." Now for me that is a scary concept!

And I knew they should have killed Connor ages ago!

Bonus to this episode: Now we know it was just Oswald :D

Negative Zero

First Post
"oh Jasmine
well you came and you gave without taking ..."

now that(!) was funny. as soon as they showed the chic crying, i knew we'd have to see her at least twice more. lol good stuff all around. personally, i didn't find the last ep as creepy as other people, tho i applauded it's technical merits. this one OTOH, that scene where Jaz did that psychic locator spell to find Fred at the motel, ooooooh creeeee-pyyyyy!

but c'mon, if Angel knew that Cordy's blood would work to break the spell, he should have figured out that Papa would take more undoing. afterall, he's already got some of her blood (or more to the point, she's got some of his) and he's still duped. i knew it wasn't gonna work for him.

sadly, this just means that there's no end in sight for the Connor-hate-fest. *sigh* oh well.

oh and kudos to Staffan for coming up with the right answer in the previous ep's thread.

~NegZ

[EDIT]
aww c'mon Dru ... what's wrong with Babs?
loved the LotR reference too!

Last edited:

Merlion

First Post
Well I'm very glad to have everyone back and thinking on their own again...accept connor who just needs to die. or something.
Its interesting that Jasmine is trying to hide less and less of her negativity...just coming out and admiting to eating those people and all.
So do you guys think she's another aspect of the First?
Yes that was brilliant...the more I thought about it I realized it must be the mixing of the blood...trouble is she knows it now to.
The stuff with the bookstore guy was creepy...

AuroraGyps

First Post
We did learn why Connor is really accepting of what alot of people do to him and tell him. "Holtz would tie me to a tree and then hide... once it took me four days to find him". He has PUPPET written all over him. Kinda sad actually.
And as for Jasmine, talk about a creepy version of Orwell's "1984". Plus, she's like a roach motel... followers go into her room, but they don't come out. NOBODY says anything till the end, and then it's clueless Connor that does.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
WizarDru said:
The baseball bat was laugh out loud funny.

I was laughing at that as well and wondering if any one else was too.

The really funny thing? Tivo switched over to the channel in time, and I thought (at first) that we'd switched into the Gilmore Girls, with the shiny, happy opening. :)

Caught me too. It started a little early so I thought it was the end of what ever is on ahead of Angel. It's just so bizarre seeing a daylight scene on Angel I didn't even consider that the show had started yet.

Negative Zero said:
oh and kudos to Staffan for coming up with the right answer in the previous ep's thread.

But I posted it first.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
Not sure. Is it that item that Gwen stole back in the beginning of the season (I honestly don't remember what that thing looked like)? I realize she sold it off, but it might still be reachable. Either that, or it's some new item, I guess.

Great fake-out in last week's teasers, so now I have no idea how significant the events we saw actually are in this one. I seriously thought they were going to try and make Angel/Fred a short-term item, there. (Which my wife liked, but I'm still a Wes/Fred booster, myself).

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I missed the last five minutes, but otherwise what I saw, impressed the hell out of me. Still not sure what the hell Jasmine is...but I keep thinking "Man she's like an aspect of Law." Or maybe is a concrete example of D&D alignments in a show. (In this case Lawful evil with the whole "I love you" thing going down there.) Course my favorite line was from Lorne. "And now the part of Judas Isariot will be played by Lorne, son of blah-blah of the Deathwah clan."

Remove ads