• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Animal Companion for a Bariaur

Malicene

First Post
I've been playing a Bariaur Ranger for a while, and he is now converted to 3.5.
So he can have an animal companion, but what kind of animal ? I can't make mu mind ? any tought ?

(I know he could have a Goat, to warm his "cold" bed :p )

Zappo

Explorer
Bariaurs aren't that big either. They are medium size, including the human torso, so I guess that a goat would be about nice.

diaglo

Adventurer
Zappo said:
Bariaurs aren't that big either. They are medium size, including the human torso, so I guess that a goat would be about nice.

i haven't really looked at them since 2ed. they were 7' tall in the Monsterous Manual.

shilsen

Adventurer
Zappo said:

There once was a bariaur named Bruno,
Who said, "Screwing is one thing I do know.
Now a woman is fine,
And a goat is divine,
But a llama is numero uno!"

Thank, you, thank you, I'll be here all week :D

Malicene

First Post
I don't like the Goat animal companion
as a Centaur having a Horse companion ....

just to let you know that this character is in a Planescape campaign, and he is most of the time in the Beastland (Krigala).

Goat's way too obvious, and doesn't give you any diverse abilities. I'd definately go with something more exotic. Especially if this is Planescape; that's the whole point of that setting, as near as I can tell.

Other than having one those weird inner planar animals like a Javoose a floating octopus from the Plane of Steam or a sootbeast from the Plane of Smoke (the problem is that none of them have stats in any edition) you could always try a monkey. I personally don't know why many people don't pick monkeys as companions.

Remove ads