• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Animal Growth+huge dire Tiger=?

Asmo

First Post
I´m playing a 14 lvl druid and I´m looking at some summon nature´s ally spells that looks good but I can´t figure this out.
What would the stats be?
The tiger would be gargantuan I guess,but then what ?
Hp, attack bonus, AC, grapple bonus, damage and all the rest?
I know that the MM covers this, but I don´t have it with me at the moment so I would be very glad if somebody could help me to sort things out.

On a related note: this is 3.0, can a druid cast Animal Growth on himself after he has wildshaped (assuming he has natural spell)?

Asmo

Asmo

First Post
Ok, no Animalgrowthed Wildshaped druid then. I can live with that. I guess that would be to much.
Now, if somebody could help me with those calculations :D

Asmo

Asmo

First Post
Anyone?
I´m going to play in a couple of hours, so I would be really glad if someone could help me out here.

Asmo

shilsen

Adventurer
Okay, here you go.

"Normal" dire tiger (huge animal):

HD - 16d8+48 (120 hp)
BAB/Grapple - +12/+28
AC - 16 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +6 natural)
Attacks - 2 claws +18 (2d4+8), bite +13 (2d6+4)
Abilities: Str 27 (+8), Dex 15 (+2), Con 17 (+3)

Animal-growthed dire tiger (gargantuan animal):

HD - 32d8+160 (304 hp)
BAB/Grapple - +24/+48
AC - 18 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +10 natural)
Attacks - 2 claws +32 (2d6+12), bite +27 (2d8+6)
Abilities: Str 35 (+12), Dex 15 (+2), Con 21 (+5)
Saves: Fort +23, Ref +20, Will +19

Last edited:

Asmo

First Post
Thanx shilsen!

Holy macaroni what a monster!!!
This is almost silly :D
My dm is not going to like this,hehe!
Asmo

shilsen

Adventurer
Asmo said:
Thanx shilsen!

Holy macaroni what a monster!!!
This is almost silly :D
My dm is not going to like this,hehe!
Asmo

Well, you do need a 7th and a 5th level spell to get one, but it is still over the top, IMO. If your DM freaks and tries to band the spell (Animal Growth) or something, you might want to talk him into allowing the 3.5e one, which is much better balanced.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Ridley's Cohort said:
Do not forget that Animal Growth can affect multiple animals. So that could include SNA, your companion, and possibly your druid.

Though not the druid in 3.0, since a wildshaped druid does not change type. In 3.5 a druid does change type to animal when wildshaped.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads