• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Animal Growth+huge dire Tiger=?

shilsen

Adventurer
Asmo said:
Thanx folks for all the input, great stuff!

shilsen wrote:

"Animal-growthed dire tiger (gargantuan animal):

"BAB/Grapple - +24/+48"

As I understand this is that the Tigers BAB is 24,but what I don´t understand is Grapple +48? How is this possible with a strength of 35?

+24 BAB +12 Str +12 size (for being gargantuan) = +48

If it isn´t to much, I would be glad if someone explained how this progression works. Before shilsen posted his reply me and my dm sat down and tried to calculate the numbers. Some was correct, but other things was completely wrong. Another example of this is the Tigers saves wich is incredible good.?

Saves are as follows:

Base - Fort +18, Ref +18, Will +18 (dire animals have all good saves, so each save is 2 + HD/2; with 32 HD, that's 2+16)

Con is 21 (+5), so the final Fort save is +23
Dex is 15 (+2), so the final Ref save is +20
Wis is 12 (+1), so the final Will save is +19

And that leads me to my next question:
lets say that my dm allows me to animal growth myself and I choose the Huge Dire Tiger, what would my saves be?
As a 15 lvl druid my base save is 9/5/9 and my stats is: str 8, dex 11, con 18, int 16, wis 22 and cha 13. That will give me a fort save of 13, ref 5 and a will save at 17 (base 9 + 6 + 2 from Ironwill). I assume that I would keep the Tigers high con and dex for better saves,( and strenght for better attacks) but my will save would remain at 17,and not 19 wich the tiger has (because I retain my own Int, Wis and Cha)?
Glad for any help!

Asmo

You retain your base saves (9/5/9) and modify them by the new form's Fort and Ref (since they change) and your own Will (since that doesn't change). So in this case it's F/R/W of +14/7/17.

Hope that answers all your questions.

Last edited:

Asmo

First Post
Thanx shilsen for the quick reply!
One thing I don´t get is how I would get a fort save that is actually lower than my own save?
I have fort.9 and with my abiltity modifier (+4) that gives me a total of 13.
You say that my new (if I understand you correctly) saves while Wildshaped would be 12/7/17.
My new ref.save would be 7 - 2 better than my own because the tigers 15 dex (+2 modifier) = 5+2 = 7. My will save remains the same because I keep my own save. But 12 in fort save? I would have thought it would be 14 - 9 from my own base save and 5 from the tigers modifier. 9+5= 14?

A confused Asmo :)

shilsen

Adventurer
Asmo said:
Thanx shilsen for the quick reply!
One thing I don´t get is how I would get a fort save that is actually lower than my own save?
I have fort.9 and with my abiltity modifier (+4) that gives me a total of 13.
You say that my new (if I understand you correctly) saves while Wildshaped would be 12/7/17.
My new ref.save would be 7 - 2 better than my own because the tigers 15 dex (+2 modifier) = 5+2 = 7. My will save remains the same because I keep my own save. But 12 in fort save? I would have thought it would be 14 - 9 from my own base save and 5 from the tigers modifier. 9+5= 14?

A confused Asmo :)

Whoops! That was just a typo on my part. Sorry for the confusion. I've edited it now.

Remove ads