• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Animated Dice Roller

Dremmen

First Post
Before I get a deluge of links, let me say that I know there are plenty of dice rollers out there for download. What I'm looking for is one that doesn't have a GUI that looks like a calculator. Specifically, once that shows animated dice rolling when you press roll, and shows whatever random result right on the die face. Heck, I don't even need the functionality of modifying die results or custom die, the standard d4 - d20 would be fine with me. I'm more interested in the animation of the die.

Is there anything like that out there?

heruca

Explorer
Hehe. :)

And if animation isn't a necessity, but you'd like to have photo-realistic dice, there's always the Die Roller panel from Battlegrounds. You can hear the dice rolls, too.

Advanced-Roller.jpg

If there's interest, I might make a mini-app just for die rolling in internet-based games, so that it can be used independently of my virtual tabletop program.

Dremmen

First Post
heruca said:
Hehe. :)

And if animation isn't a necessity, but you'd like to have photo-realistic dice, there's always the Die Roller panel from Battlegrounds. You can hear the dice rolls, too.

If there's interest, I might make a mini-app just for die rolling in internet-based games, so that it can be used independently of my virtual tabletop program.

Interest! Right here! I like the simple GUI, and the die look great. It would be nice, from the aesthetics point of view, if the die would spin, even if just in place, before stopping to show the result. Maybe a simple animated gif of the die spinning for like a second, maybe with accompanying die rolling wav, then the image of the die with the result.

That would be ubernifty.

heruca

Explorer
I can do that. As long as you're not expecting simulating bouncing-die physics. It'd be more like a slot machine, where various possible results quickly cycle through before it stops on the actual result.

I'd also like to add support for open-ended rolls, die multipliers, optionally sorted results, dice pools, drop lowest/highest [x] dice, and lots of other goodies to make it more suitable for any RPG system. It might be a month or three before it's available.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dremmen said:
Well look who it is!! Hiya Jdvn1 you ol rules lawyer you. How've u been? :D
I've been good (though tired)! By my post count, you can see I've been around here quite a bit. ;) How about you?

I always want to say hello when I see you post, but I'm not so familiar with house rules... :heh:

Remove ads