• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anime inspired monsters, any ideas?

Deedlit

First Post
I have been running a oriental campaign, and most of the players like anime a lot. Does anyone have any anime inspired monsters for the campaign. I really need something for the Kato of the monster rancher anime and games(Flavor text not required, it has already been done), as one of the PCs was raised by them.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
You could use the "Kaiju" (japanese for [giant] "monster") template from Dragon a few issues back (the Oriental Adventures one). It lets you make Godzilla-sized super powered monsters like in Godzilla, Gamera, Majin, Power Rangers, etc.

You could also give them my anime style feats regardless of using the kaiju template:

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4210

Hmm. Perhaps an "Anime" template is in order? :D

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
I'm more in search for specific anime monsters and/or races, like the grassrunner(I think it was called) for Lodoss TV, or the Kato of monster rancher. Not that I'd mind a magical girl class.

Uber Dungeon

First Post
Anime inspired D&D game...
I think Bubblegum crises has lots of content to offer. Boomers make badass monsters, I've used them before as a sort of zombie thing for warforged.

Also a feat that lets a girl specifically pull a war hammer out of thin air to smack someone with.

Remove ads