• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anna Nicole Smith has died!

BroccoliRage

First Post
jaerdaph said:
Yes, but not indifferent enough not to feel the need to comment anyway. ;)

I'm really not trying to rip on you or anyone, heck I never took her seriously, and most of my exposure to her was through lampooning from Mad TV et al. I rolled my eyes when her inheritance case went to the US Supreme Court. I just think she moved beyond being what she was after the tragedies in her life, and those of us who saw her as what she was now saw her in a different light, and perhaps even saw something about ourselves that wasn't so nice.

That's all - no hard feelings or anything. :)

I think you missed my point. PRobably my fault, sometimes I'm needlessly ambiguous.

The reason I asked whther she was noteworthy for anything was because, last I knew, she made two awful movies, and posed naked, was nice looking when she was younger, and banged an oil tycoon to death. That doesn't disgust me, and it doesn't delight me. It fails to really impress me at all.

I do think comparing her to Mansfield is a step to far, but to each his own. I laughed when the local anchorman compared her to MArilyn Monroe. Ms. Smith was atttractive in her day, but MArilyn was one of the sexiest women of all time.

We play a 'dead pool' game ('we' means myself and about twenty others), in which we nominate ten names and if one of them dies during the year we recieve points based on age, as well as bonus points for various factors.

Someone had Anna Nicole Smith on her list. She picked up 141 points, which is a lead so large I don't know if we'll ever catch her. When she picked her we all thought it was a pointless choice.

It just goes to show you that death can strike anybody at any time, I guess...

frankthedm

First Post
Treebore said:
I find it curious that the nurse called Stearn and waited for his call back before calling the front desk of the hotel to call 911.

If your a nurse and you find someone not breathing shouldn't 911 be the first number you call?
911 still takes several minutes to get there in the best of situations and private EMTs can be usefull when keeping medical emergencies from the media / police.

Last edited:

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Torm: sorry to hear about your loss.... even if she was a distant relative... she was still family. Probably more stable than some of your folks.... ;) Hopefully all this mess with her child's paternity probs, where to bury her and the new bit about her will being so outdated where she still has her (now deceased) son as heir to her fortune.

Remove ads