(Announcement) Help me organize all of the LEW world information!

Guilt Puppy

First Post
There's a Dwarven kingdom (or set of kingdoms, perhaps) called Thrusch somewhere in the world, according to my dear old Sturm's background. Probably in mountains, but not necessarily -- could be a network of caves accessible through a canyon, or something of that sort. It goes deep, though -- Down Thrusch is Sturm's home, and it's pretty much in / right on top of whatever layer would be analogous to the Underdark (although the closest personal threats are kobolds, it's kind of built into their culture that they have to chase out much nastier things from time to time.)

Also, if there's space, as a request for future use I'd love to have a desert plains called the Valdun, which is inhabited solely by nomadic tribes (the Valduni), who are sort of a cultural mix of arabic/native american/african influences... I can give you a detailed write up if you'd like to use it -- it's a "culture concept", I guess, and I've never really found the place to use it as either a DM or a player... I think this would be an appropriate enough spot.

Last edited:

Sparky

I'm new here so's I'm not real sure about what established countries there are. No help here. I missed one of your questions earlier - the barbarian lands are inhabited by the Kree tribes. There are the Barav Kree, the Kurik Kree, the Kesh Kree and several others. ao'Thuir is a PCs name, a wood elf barbarian from far to the north (see ao'Thuir's background), tribes separate from the human tribes of the Kree. As far as naming the Kree lands - the Kree call their current home Kree Taka'neh. Others might call it Kree Territory, the Barbarian Steppes/Hills/Wash (depending on the land type). The territory is sandwiched between whichever kingdom Owir and Lionel belong to and the nation of Thelis (also known as or containing the kingdom of Monemvassia).

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Scorpio said:
Jack, that puts Ushad nearly in-between the Wind Tower and the Negative Tower, in what I have called The Badlands (a name for mapping purposes). A long way from anything else so far.

That might not be all bad, so far Ushad seems to be populated primarily by reclusive Wizards who are generally not particularly friendly toward anyone, even each other... Think of Red Wizards from Forgotten Realms.

You'll want to ask Janos for more details...

Scorpio said:
Is Ushad a city, a territory...?

Janos Audron said:
Ushad is a country.

Scorpio said:
Uriel, cool, these forests- do they have a name?

Perhaps the infamous Forest of Ar could be one of them?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Jack Haggerty said:
Perhaps the infamous Forest of Ar could be one of them?

I'm not sure where the Forest of Ar was suppossed to be, but that sounds fine.
The Wood to the South and/or East is the Bryarwood, usually just called 'the Wood' by the locals.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm going to propose a new location, Flenceburg. The primary focus of this city is located here, and it most likely would be located southeast of Orussus at least 350 miles or more. Possibly isolated from some of the other regions.

Remove ads