Announcing the 2012 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards Nominees!

dd.stevenson

Super KY
Those Best Free Product nominations are appalling! Let's take a quick look at these 'free' products:

Snip

Another short adventure released as a promo for a real paid RPG (Pathfinder):
Pathfinder Module: We Be Goblins!

What about nominating an actual free product?

Not to belabor the obvious, but pathfinder products can be played using the SRD, without ever purchasing a rules book. This isn't just a "technicality"... many loyal pathfinder customers really do play this way...

Annnnnnyyywhooo.....

Some personal congratulations (not personal like I'm in any way involved, just personal in that I'm personally happy for em)...to:

Open design (quality as always)
Fire Mountain Games (new quality, coming strong outta the gate!)

All the people here at T. Shield Studios - that would be me - are very happy and gratified to see Spellbound Kingdoms on the list.

Congrats to all the other nominees, thanks to the judges, and most of all thanks to all the fans for supporting the game.

I checked out Spellbound Kingdoms because of the nomination (just hadn't heard of it before). I'll likely buy the rules and adventure and hopefully the future supplement.

Skeld

First Post
Congrats to the nominees.

Aren't the Pathfinder minis actually a Wizkids product, produced under license from Paizo?

On the free product category subject, if an rpg product is produced and distributed for free, it should be eligible for the free category. For example, We Be Goblins was available in print on free rpg day and is available as a free PDF from Paizo. In what universe that wouldn't be considered a free product?

Aside from a few nuggets, this is the worst list of nominees in recent memory.

-Skeld

Argyle King

Legend
GURPS Horror was nominated for a lot of categories. I personally felt it was a fantastic supplement, so I am not surprised at all on a personal level. I just didn't realize how many other people (apparently) shared my positive view of the book.

Pelgrane

First Post
I am slightly overwhelmed with ten nominations for Pelgrane, that and our fiction Kickstarter hit target in five days. It's been quite a week! Congratulations to all nominees, and look forward to seeing you at the ceremony.

Remove ads