• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another day in the Tavern

M

melynxt

((ack..ok..darn...))

*mely looks up from her book, and smiles at the little fae, closing the book with the quill inside she nods politely again* um...hiya there....?

Aesynil

First Post
Aesynil offers a tiny smile, nodding again to her

Hello. I hope I'm not disturbing you.

He hesitates a moment, torn between natural curiosity and his dignity..ultimately falling to the first as he steps closer, curiously examining the book

What is it that you're doing, if I may ask?

K

Kami no Kenshin

An arrival from distant places.....

The door to the tavern opens. Standing framed within it is a short human man in his early twenties. He wears a sleevless gray cotton kimono with a cloak thrown over it, and split-toed boots. As he pushes the cloak back from his shoulders you notice the heavy scarring and calluses of one who makes his way as a warrior. Sheathed in black leather and tucked into his belt are a pair of curved swords, a long blade and a short blade. His long black hair is pulled severly back from his face and tied into a knot. His unnerving steely blue eyes survey those who are present, meeting each of thier eyes before passing to the next person. His face looks weary beyond it's years, and his clothing is slightly frayed but clean and well cared for. He is not from these parts.

He walks into the tavern purposefully heading toward the bar.....

Good day sir. Could I trouble you for some of whatever the cook at your tavern has prepared in the way of food? I have gold.

D

Dante the Dragon'sbane

(OOC : wow you really killed this thread kenshin . no one has posted in days )

F

Faeryl

Enter the Drow!

The door to the tavern opens and a figure walks in, hooded and cloaked heavily. She lowers her hood and all can see....a Dark Elf.

"I wonder what kind of place this is?" she wonders softly out loud "I wonder if the rumours are true about surface dwellers worshipping any and every false Gods? I wonder how my kind is treated here? What am I saying? My kind? I left that way of life a long time ago...when shall this journey end, I wonder? How many more bodies must be buried?" But most of all, Faeryl wonders if "they" will find her here. And with those last questions to contemplate, she retreats into a dark corner, loosing her weapon belt and setting it on that table. She draws a long sword, and begins to idly polish it. She only hopes there are no holy men in this establishment who have a wish to purge this tavern of darkness. If there are, she would just have to deal with them.

K

Kami no Kenshin

He accepts a steaming bowl of food placed before him, and a cup of tea with a slight bow of his head and a murmured thanks, and places a few coins on the table. And then he takes notice of the newcomer. He watches her enter the tavern and find a place near the back, in the shadows.

.oOAnother outcast.....there seem to be many of us about.....Oo.

He nods curtly toward her, and then moves to his own out of the way table.

G

Gene_Kynes

(( OOC: Listen, I hate to turn embers into flames, but lack of posts kills a thread. A single enterance won't do anything to kill it, it's just another action that's taken in by the general momenteum of the boards. If it bothered you so, trying finding the logic of several people going "Hey. There's a new guy. Maybe if we're really quiet, he'll go away!". Just my two coppers. ))

The Tavern's door barely has a chance to close, yet again to admit enterance to another form. Faint wisps of steam embrace around him as his cloak's strangely innate phases of cold fades into the Tavern's warmth. The cloak's occupant glances towards the Dark Elf, pulling away the hood of his cloak to expose himself as a deeply tanned human. Hair so black in shade that is gives the appearence of being blue in certain light, the reaches no lower than his ear, occaisonally sending a loose strand in front of his gaze. His eyes are blue, with uncommon silver flecks within their depths, and they regard her for a moment, before they observe the rest of the tavern.

Hmm. Quiet place, is it not? And...many who appreciate shadows, if appearences were not to decieve me.

He...almost smiles, a faint tug at the edge of his lips. His clothing isn't too odd, black boots being overlapped by similiarly black pants, a dark blue overshirt tucked into these. A blade rests concealed in it's scabbard, one would guess at either a rapier or a cutlass, and it would be wise to guess at concealed ranged weaponry elsewhere. His features hint at youth, and an innately charismatic nature, if not dampened by his occaisonally brooding moments. Giving a faint sigh, he waits for a moment, before moving towards the Dark Elf. Stopping before her table, he offers a small smile. "Mind if I join you?" He glanced over to the oriental one, a thought passing through his mind.

Perhaps I should strike a conversation with that one after he's...done eating.

K

Kami no Kenshin

He quickly and quietly eats his food, taking note of yet another newcomer as he does so. When he is finished, he pushes the bowl away and sips his tea.....he seems taken aback momentarily by the taste before he shrugs and continues to drink it.

W

WizO_Raven

((Lets keep the OCC posts to the PM's guys. Other than that, keep it up you've got a good thread going here))

*With not even the slightest sound Raven enters the tavern walking to the golem*

"My usual BeeGee"

*With a stoney headed nod the golem proceeds to pour a glass of dark red wine setting it before him*

"Thank you my good golem."

*Takes a slow sip of his wine looking around*

"Quiet in here today"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads