Another example of D&D in the mainstream

Mercule

Adventurer
I've been told I'm not allowed to see it without my wife. Considering some of the Vampire games I've seen her in, I take death threats quite seriously. :)

Unfortunately, between our two schedules, we won't be able to make it until next Tuesday, at the earliest.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
While I haven't yet seen it, I do think the Rings trilogy movies have helped make "Geeks" and fantasy buffs more well liked. Especially when you consider how well the ensamble cast works together, the detail PJ put into the movie AND just the fact this world LIVES more than most other places. (I mean seriously, how many times are we going to go back to gangster movies and cop dramas or period pieces and say "Wow!" only because it feels like a small piece of life. When in fact these movies ARE about life at its core. Complex, serious issues, challenges, failures, redemptions, temptations, and even a little salvation at the end.

LightPhoenix

First Post
My girlfriend hasn't ever read the books (though she vows to do so now :)), and so watching her watch the movies is great. I love her reactions to the events, like when Frodo got stabbed in FotR. I promised her I'd wait to go see RotK with her when she gets back from Hawaii, which is Sunday.

I'm such a nice boyfriend. :D

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
I am the DM and I bought my group (plus my old college roommate) tickets to the Marathon as a Christmas gift. None of the girlfriends were even remotely interested in going so there was no need to get tix for any of them (I happen to be the only one in the bunch unattached at the moment).

Interesting to hear someone on the radio mention it, tho.

Altalazar

First Post
I've got it all scheduled now - tomorrow at 11am - then lunch afterwards. My wife's treat. Ok, so it is all the same money, but I still enjoy letting her pay.

dagger

Adventurer
My wife is a gamer and wants to see it bad, but she does not think she can make it through the movie without having to go pee. She is 8 1/2 months pregnant, and she says she is not going to drink anything for like 2 hours before the movie (pregnant women typically go to the bath room a lot). So it should be interesting to see if she makes it.............

Me and my other gaming buddy are making bets on if she can make it through the movie or not.

I wonder what odds I should give?

Last edited:

Remove ads