• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another Hurricane

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Just wanted to let everyone know - there is another hurricane approaching the state of Florida.

As of right now, it could hit anywhere in the state. If it does hit, it will be this weekend. EN World could easily be affected as it was last time.

diaglo

Adventurer
sweet. i'm headed to Punta Gorda for the long Labor Day holiday starting tomorrow afternoon.

if anyone wants to roll some dice while the power is out. let me know.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You know, I feel very sorry for the trouble the people in Florida go through with storms.

Mind you, I'd prefer they go through the trouble now, rather than in late October while I'm down in Florida on my honeymoon.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Heh. (Congrats on your nuptuals, BTW!)

Hurricane "season" is technically June - November. However, it peaks around this time. The later in the year the weaker the storms (it seems).

Turanil

First Post
Umbran said:
You know, I feel very sorry for the trouble the people in Florida go through with storms.

Mind you, I'd prefer they go through the trouble now, rather than in late October while I'm down in Florida on my honeymoon.

LOL! :p

Henry

Autoexreginated
diaglo said:
sweet. i'm headed to Punta Gorda for the long Labor Day holiday starting tomorrow afternoon.

if anyone wants to roll some dice while the power is out. let me know.

I hope you're kidding about that... :p

Once again, it looks that Ft. Myers area is dead ahead in the path. My hope is that Adlon, Walter, Smaugdragon, and crew can stay safe...

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
Henry said:
I hope you're kidding about that... :p

Once again, it looks that Ft. Myers area is dead ahead in the path. My hope is that Adlon, Walter, Smaugdragon, and crew can stay safe...

although, i wish i was... nope i'm not kidding. leaving for Ft. Myers airport in about 2 hours via Atlanta.

my timeshare is on Sanibel Island for the week of Labor Day. starts on Friday.

also my mother-in-law lives in Punta Gorda. so instead of sitting on the beach... my wife and i are going down to check out the damage from Hurricane Charley. and ride out the new one. my wife says she wishes she had been there 3 weeks ago to help out.

luckily my brother-in-law was able to come over from Miami last time and take care of Mom. this time i'm not sure which way we will be going to help out whom... :confused:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
It certainly looks like many of the places that were hit last time will be hit again this time.

It's not going to be a fun weekend...

Henry

Autoexreginated
diaglo said:
although, i wish i was... nope i'm not kidding. leaving for Ft. Myers airport in about 2 hours via Atlanta.

my timeshare is on Sanibel Island for the week of Labor Day. starts on Friday.

Before you leave, can I have your OD&D stuff? :)

seriously, be careful - well, as careful as you can be in the middle of a cat 4.

Remove ads