• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another map

Pigeon

First Post
Here's another map I made, still in corel photopaint, but with the lettering done in Corel draw.

I keep forgetting/losing the textures I used for mountains ect, and so never get it looking quite how I would like. Still, I'm pretty pleased with this one. I'm planning on doing some close up maps when I have more time.

Someone suggested that I should make my water a bit more defined, which is something I agree with, just got to work out how to do it!

[edited for spelling]

Attachments

• lands.jpg
    lands.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
A very good looking map.

Water - don't you just hate it. you may want to try to use a background image but just making parts lighter and darker could give you what you are looking for. I say water is Blue and that is the way it is going to be!

Mmmmm, I wonder if it is possible to have a line drawing as a 'watermark' and then use a blue on top of it.

Pigeon

First Post
Next time I do water I think I'll have a light blue "shallow water" round the land masses, then a darker blue to show deeper water. That may break up a bit of the blandness.

Alisanos

First Post
Very nice map. As you already noted, distingushing the depths of the water by using different shades will help with the water. Also, placing a compass rose in the water would help. Especially if you extend the lines of the rose to meet the land mass. If you have CC2, their is a good example of this and the effect it has in the tutorial.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads