• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Endurance type PrCs?

Rahkan

First Post
I'm looking for a PrC based on Endurance. High hit points, good saves. That sort of thing, does anyone know where I might be able to find one?

Chun-tzu

First Post
There's the Vigilant in Relics & Rituals. It's built mainly for Rangers, and you probably need at least one level of Rogue or Bard, due to the high ranks in Diplomacy and Gather Information required. D12 hit point, good Fort save, spells, and class abilities aimed at survival (like accelerated healing, bonus to AC, resist massive damage).

Note that it's reprinted in Ultimate Prestige Classes, but with a slightly different spell list (some PHB spells to replace R&R spells that are not reprinted).

Oni

First Post
Isn't there something in the new Savage Species book that is made around this idea? I think it is called the Survivor or something like that.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The dwarven defender with it's two good saves, d12 HD and actually the requirement of Endurance, seems to fit the bill quite nicely as well.

In a way though, Monks with their innate SR, three good saves and evasion are duilt to last as well, though AC and HP are of course not as good.

Rav

Last edited:

Check out the Daidoji Bodyguard from OA. It requires Imp Init, Dodge, and Toughness as well as BAB 5+ and Lawfull. It gets the d12 HD, good BAB, but only a good Fort save. However, it gets a few class ablilities like Defensive Roll, Uncanny Dodge x 3, Evasion, DR 6/- and a few others that make for a TOUGH guy to take down. Go for it maybe from Paladin for great saves. Or, play a dwarf and go for it. Dwarves get amazing defensive abilities. In that case i'd probably be a Barb/Ftr multiclass.

Victim

First Post
The templar gets Mettle - an evasion like ability that works for Fort and Will effects - and some DR. They have 2 good saves as well.

Crothian

First Post
There's a great one in Mercanaries called Stalwart Defender. 2 good saves, d12 HP, bonus HP as you gain levels, DR, and it might be a little over powered. It's hard to say.

Remove ads