• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any fans of the Hero System on this site? or The reports of Hero's death have been greatly exaggerated!

DrunkonDuty

he/him
For ordinary folks/mooks there's a bunch of 5th ed books that are compatible enough with 6th ed. Everyman is one: a bunch of specific NPC write ups but easily re-skinned. Various source books like Champions Universe and VIPER and UNTIL have a wide range of mook-class characters.

I've run a few HERO games in the last couple of years. Currently running a Champions game one evening a week. It's in nascent stages and the players are new enough to Champions and Supers in general that they are still feeling their way re. acting like super heroes. But they are getting the system quickly enough. In fact tonight we will be having a throw-down with a couple of VIPER's best known super villains: Oculon and Boa Contrictor.

We ended last session just before the fight kicked off. I want a whole session to run the fight. Yes, they can really take that long. But not because we constantly stop to look up rules or spell definitions: super types can take a hell of a beating before going down for the count. It will be lots of knocking people through walls, throwing cars at one another, that sort of thing.

I'm looking forward to it. :cool:

I played Champions extensively throughout the 80s, from the first edition on. Champions is still my favorite game of all time.

I love the Hero system in general (both back then and now), but I have never had any luck finding people to play with over the past 25 years.

I played Champions extensively throughout the 80s, from the first edition on. Champions is still my favorite game of all time.

I love the Hero system in general (both back then and now), but I have never had any luck finding people to play with over the past 25 years.

I played through the 80s and 90s. Was able to get a group playing for a while again when I moved, but not for the past 10 years or so.

Hyper-Man

First Post
HERO Announces Fantasy Hero Complete Kickstarter

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?354877-HERO-Announces-Fantasy-Hero-Complete-Kickstarter

Hero Games has gone live with a Kickstarter for Fantasy Hero Complete, an all-in-one book similar to Champions Complete but for fantasy gaming.

image.php

Remove ads