• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Good New Comedy Games?

sinecure

First Post
So are there any good new comedy games out? The last comedy game I played was Paranoia and it was written over twenty years ago. Here are a few others I can think of. Not just games where comedy happens because of how people play it.

-Toon
-Tales from the Floating Vagabond
-Bunnies & Burrows
-Paranoia
-Ghostbusters with some of the expansions
-Macho Women With Guns
-Beach Bunny Bimbos with Blasters
-Murphy's World
-Teenagers From Outer Space

Hackmaster and the Red Dwarf RPG are about all I can think of that are relatively new. Personally I think there should be a Superbad RPG. Can anyone make this please?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Well, the Star Munchkin RPG from SJG is basically a super light d20 satire game set in spaaaaaaaaaaaaace. It's fun, cheap, and pretty much self-contained.

Demon Hunters from MWP is a humor game, I think (it's based on a comedy short film). That said, I've seen no real reviews of it and next to no promotion, so I know very little about the actual game.

In general, though, truly comedic roleplaying games seem to be few and far between these days.

pogminky

First Post
Paranoia xp???

Is Ghostbusters ever gonna be rereleased?

Errr......

Munchkin PHB (never played, just saw)
Is Kobolds ate my baby a RPG?

Nope. Don't know.

GQuail

Explorer
sinecure said:
So are there any good new comedy games out? The last comedy game I played was Paranoia and it was written over twenty years ago. Here are a few others I can think of. Not just games where comedy happens because of how people play it.

-Toon
-Tales from the Floating Vagabond
-Bunnies & Burrows
-Paranoia
-Ghostbusters with some of the expansions
-Macho Women With Guns
-Beach Bunny Bimbos with Blasters
-Murphy's World
-Teenagers From Outer Space

As others have said, you can also include Munchkin (in traditional and Star varieties: the latter has very cool vehicle construction rules in it) and Kobolds Ate My Baby. (Now out in a little hardback)

I'd also put Diana: Warrior Princess in there, a game of playing in our world as people from the future will see it, in the same way Xena: Warrior Princess is a warped version of our own ancient past.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Demon Hunters is awesome. I have no bias whatsoever.

We've been getting some good reviews, it's been plugged on various blogs, and generally it's doing well so far. It comes with a DVD, a first for an RPG as far as we know (not a CD, a DVD!) and that includes some bonus PDF content, a training video, and more stuff.

Demon Hunters is kind of horror-action-comedy, and you can dial any of those elements up or down, however you like. It's certainly very irreverent, and carries a mature warning on the back.

We like it.

You should buy it.

Cheers,
Cam

Remove ads