• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any good PC RPGs on the horizon?

Grog

First Post
It seems like a really long time since a good PC RPG has come out. NWN2 was good, but I'm trying to remember the last PC RPG before that that I bought new and liked.... SW:KOTOR? Has it really been that long?

I'm not interested in MMOs, so I've mainly been replaying old games and playing stuff on the PS2. Are there any upcoming single player PC RPGs I should be looking forward to?

Simplicity

Explorer
Unfortunately, no. All PC RPGs apparently must be MMOs these days.
XBox 360 has Mass Effect coming out for it soon. But for the PC...
Wwwwooooooooooo (that's the empty sound of the wind through the powersupply).

There's an expansion pack for Oblivion (Shivering Isles). I'm not sure whether that fits your question though.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Maybe "The Witcher". It apparently licenses the engine for it from Bioware. Seems more of an action RPG like Jade Empire though, in a modern day setting

Banshee16

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Maybe "The Witcher". It apparently licenses the engine for it from Bioware. Seems more of an action RPG like Jade Empire though, in a modern day setting

I'm pretty sure the Witcher isn't in a modern day setting. The character is a monster hunter running around in a medieval type world, holding a big two-handed sword.

Banshee

Banshee16

First Post
DragonAge or Dragons Age by Bioware....it's making gradual progress, but it's coming, and it's for PC, and it sounds really cool..

Banshee

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Banshee16 said:
I'm pretty sure the Witcher isn't in a modern day setting. The character is a monster hunter running around in a medieval type world, holding a big two-handed sword.

Banshee

Checking Wikipedia, you are correct. I was just going by the screenshots, which I thought looked modern, if a little run down.

Simplicity

Explorer
Banshee16 said:
DragonAge or Dragons Age by Bioware....it's making gradual progress, but it's coming, and it's for PC, and it sounds really cool..

Banshee

I take it back. I forgot about Dragon Age. I really have no idea when that's coming out though. Probably not for another year at least.

Steel_Wind

Legend
The announced to date big Western Style CRPGs in dev would be:

Age of Conan PC MMO
Warhammer PC MMO
Dragon Age PC RPG - no official ETA yet
Mass Effect - 360 RPG / PC ver unknown - ETA May 2007
Alien vs. Predator - Next Gen Console/PC? by Obsidian - No ETA yet
Unspcified BioWare MMO - Platform not announced either

This, of course, omits reference to expansions and premium modules for NWN2.

Last edited:

Grog

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
The announced to date big Western Style CRPGs in dev would be:

Age of Conan PC MMO
Warhammer PC MMO
Dragon Age PC RPG - no official ETA yet
Mass Effect - 360 RPG / PC ver unknown - ETA May 2007
Alien vs. Predator - Next Gen Console/PC? by Obsidian - No ETA yet
Unspcified BioWare MMO - Platform not announced either

This, of course, omits reference to expansions and premium modules for NWN2.

So basically, it's Dragon Age or bust (since I'm not interested in MMOs)? Yikes. I can't remember the last time the CRPG picture was this bleak.

Thanee

First Post
A quick check of the database of a local games magazine turned up...

Two Worlds
Dragon Age
Hellgate: London

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads