• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any prestige classes for Naked Berserkers?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Lord Ben said:
What does a ring of vampiric regeneration do? I mean I can guess the rough effects but what book is it in?

It's only in the 2E books as far as I know. The user gets 50% of the damage he deals back as hit points. But, that's too powerful, so I dropped it to 25%. That's about equivalent to DR 10 with the only thing stopping it is not getting hit (e.g. high AC or miss chances or Sundering the user's weapon(s) or some such).

Lord Ben said:
I might play a Wiz5/Eldritch Knight 2. Then I could go naked and still have lots of mage armor, etc but also be a decent warrior.

Good idea. I think the Rage Mage might fit the Berserker requirement better.

Or get a Glamered armor at first oppertunity. I am not sure if it's actually supported by the rules, but I doubt a DM would disallow using it to look effectively naked :)

I really like the Iron Heroes Berserker class for its possiblity to fight unarmored alone :)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Lord Ben said:
I might play a Wiz5/Eldritch Knight 2. Then I could go naked and still have lots of mage armor, etc but also be a decent warrior.

Use Greater Mage Armor, Blur, Displacement, and/or Mirror Image.

drdevoid

Explorer
Going the feat route (in this case non-core), The Book of Iron Might (Malhavoc) had a feat that granted scaling Natural Armor bonuses. It specifically mentions that it's intended for the Berserker in a loincloth type.

That combined with Druidic Avenger levels (for barkskin and rage) from Unearthed Arcana and/or the Lizardfolk race (2 HD, LA +1; total ECL +3) would give you decent (Natural) Armor.

Jon Potter

First Post
There's one for Dwarves in Heroes of High Favor: Dwarves. They're forbidden to wear armor or they lose class abilities.

I don't have the book in front of me, so I don't remember the exact PrC name, but the gist is that AC goes up by +X for every enemy that threatens them in combat.

It's a PrC for dwarves, but there's nothing overtly dwarven about it; pretty simple to file off the serial numbers and make it for any race, I should think.

Remove ads