• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any race or template with Detect Thoughts

Veldrane

First Post
Perun said:
You might try using psionics to meet all the prerequisites.

Also, you might want to look into the battle sorcerer from teh Unearthed Arcana.

Good catch on the PsyWar, it's slower than my original build, but probably more effective, thanks ;)

About the Battle Sorcerer, thanks, but I already know it, it was included in the build in the 4th post

Last edited:

Xardian

First Post
Another race option you may consider is the Fey'ri. They're a planetouched sunelf/demon from Races of Faerun and among thier abilities they can choose 4 things from a nice list. One of the things on the list is Detect Thoughts 1/day as a spell-like ability. Depending on your GM's interpretation, they may even let you spend multiple abilities in that to get extra uses per day. They have a total of +2 level adjustment, or +3 if you get one of the high-end abilities from the list (dimension door, enervation, or damage resist 10/+1).

Iku Rex

Explorer
Veldrane said:
I'm looking for a template or a race that gives Detect Thoughts as a Su or Sp ability.
Any idea?
Just get a Medallion of Thoughts (12,000 gp) or some other item that lets you use detect thoughts.

(Yes, you can qualify for prestige classes with magic items. See Complete Warrior page 16, under "meeting class requirements".)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads