• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Spelljammers out there?

Do you play the Spelljammer campaign setting?

• Yes, I play Spelljammer

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • I know what Spelljammer is, but i don't play it.

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • What is Spelljammer?

Votes: 3 3.1%

pawsplay

Hero
Dark Dungeons has some pretty strong Spelljammer influence, with how it handles the spheres of existence, and the inclusion of firearms.

deinol

First Post
I thought the spheres of Dark Dungeons came straight from the Immortals boxed set (or was it the later Wrath of the Immortals set?) Not that Immortals didn't likely have some influence when they designed Spelljammer.

pawsplay

Hero
I thought the spheres of Dark Dungeons came straight from the Immortals boxed set (or was it the later Wrath of the Immortals set?) Not that Immortals didn't likely have some influence when they designed Spelljammer.

Not so. None of that is OGC, so he wrote the outer planes section as a pastiche of the Immortals stuff, the 3e cosmology, and Spelljammer.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
My fondest memories of playing AD&D 2nd ed. are of Spelljammer. I've recently started collecting the books and boxes for myself and would gladly run an AD&D Spelljammer campaign once I start playing again.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Spelljammer's my favorite campaign setting. I'm actually just about to start a new SJ campaign as soon as my Shroompunk game wraps up.

Nine years? That's got to be some kind of record.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I never actually got to play Spelljammer with a group, but I loved the setting just the same, and had all of the sourcebooks, boxed sets, and adventures for it.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I'm curious, [MENTION=61182]Big Mac[/MENTION], how did you find this thread? Why bump a thread from 2002 instead of starting one yourself? :hmm:

P.S. I like Spelljammer well enough, but we always played Planescape. I've had a few Spelljammer ships in my campaigns, though.

Vikarr

First Post
I ran Spelljammer for a while as a newb DM, without any of the books. I think you can guess how it went.
I'd be interested to try it again, but I still don't have any of the books.

Big Mac

Explorer
Dark Dungeons has some pretty strong Spelljammer influence, with how it handles the spheres of existence, and the inclusion of firearms.

I watched Dark Dungeons getting built. It was an amazing sight to behold. :cool:

My fondest memories of playing AD&D 2nd ed. are of Spelljammer. I've recently started collecting the books and boxes for myself and would gladly run an AD&D Spelljammer campaign once I start playing again.

Echohawk has posted a brilliant Spelljammer Collector's List on ENWorld, if you need help finding what everything is.

I'm a player in a Spelljammer PBEM game. Sort of hybrid AD&D 2E/C&C rules.

I thought that C&C was closer to 3e than 2e :-S.

I'm curious, [MENTION=61182]Big Mac[/MENTION], how did you find this thread? Why bump a thread from 2002 instead of starting one yourself? :hmm:

I answered a survey in the thread. It didn't seem logical to start another survey.

P.S. I like Spelljammer well enough, but we always played Planescape. I've had a few Spelljammer ships in my campaigns, though.

Aha. A Planejammer fan. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads