• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Thurderspire (H2) aides?

Wonka

First Post
I dont think WoTC has done that for any of these. I wish I had the PDF too, cause id just copy the image out of there and print it. But you can always scan the maps at a high dpi and scale them down appropriatly for printing. For the pictures, I scanned them in, and when its time to show them just show the needed image and not have to use the book. But then again, I rely heavily on my laptop for my DMing.

Last edited:

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update 10

Thank you all for these aides. Used the maps, NPC cards and tokens over the weekend. We didn't get very far into H2 (we finished up H1 at the start of the session and got through the first encounter in H2 by the end of the session) but the maps really helped with the flow of the game since I didn't have to stop for 10 minutes to draw out the room and furniture.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Thanks Verision and please reply back with any feedback you have/receive on any of the H2 resources!

Update 10 is complete and is in post #2. It took longer than expected to map out the elevation differences (first-timer), but Interlude 2 is completed as A3-x. With luck, I will start the Well of Demons outline tomorrow. Good times!

Last edited:

Verision

First Post
Thanks Verision and please reply back with any feedback you have/receive on any of the H2 resources!

Well, the only negative feedback I can give you is that I have a hard time telling which tokens I'm suppose to use for which monster. I mean, a good portion of them are self evident, but there are a bunch I couldn't immediately figure out (like the hobgoblins).

Other than that, the resources are great. I really like the monster/npc stat cards and the printed maps both speed up the game and are more detailed than the sketches I used to make on my whiteboard (I have a big whiteboard with a grid on it that I use for encounters. It always takes 5-10 minutes to draw out a room and I usually don't bother with all the detail because I find it gets smudged as we play anyway. The maps obviously don't have that problem and don't take nearly as long to arrange.)

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update 11

Well, the only negative feedback I can give you is that I have a hard time telling which tokens I'm suppose to use for which monster. I mean, a good portion of them are self evident, but there are a bunch I couldn't immediately figure out (like the hobgoblins).

Other than that, the resources are great. I really like the monster/npc stat cards and the printed maps both speed up the game and are more detailed than the sketches I used to make on my whiteboard (I have a big whiteboard with a grid on it that I use for encounters. It always takes 5-10 minutes to draw out a room and I usually don't bother with all the detail because I find it gets smudged as we play anyway. The maps obviously don't have that problem and don't take nearly as long to arrange.)

Thanks, Verision! If you could mark how you used the counters (i.e. matching them up to monsters) that would be a huge help to the rest of us - and would get your name and contribution in post #1 :cool:.

The next update is included in post #2. These are the room details for W1 and W2.

Looks like I'm going to need some hay and blood textures for this area - if anyone has any resources/ideas, please let me know! Thanks.

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update 13

Well, the blood texture (or my attempt at it) finally pushed me over the size limit! Not to fear, I am hosting on media fire. In addition to the host change, I also completed two more room outlines. Check it out in post #2.

Hawke

Explorer
Does anybody know if Wizards is making the art available from these anywhere? I purchased the physical adventure but want to give the map of Thunderspire and The Seven Pillared Hall to my players. There's a lot of great images and handout stuff, but it's all in the book and I'd rather just give them something printed. In retrospect, I should've purchased the PDF...

I know previously wizards put up art from their books (like sandstorm, etc)... I'm hoping I can get high quality versions of those maps.

Any response from this? Anybody got a HQ version of the SPH map?

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update 14

Any response from this? Anybody got a HQ version of the SPH map?

Hawke: I've scoured the internet for this very resource and have come up blank! If anyone has a gift in cartography, perhaps we can get a home-brew version!

Update 14 is here and in post #2. This concludes the room outlines for Well of Demons, so now need to go back and add the elements. That part usually goes faster, so optimistically it could be completed Monday or Tuesday (famous last words?).

nerf_ninja

Explorer
Yeah, loved the KotS large maps

I've also been searching, but have also come up empty-handed. When I get the adventure I'll probably try the scanner trick too.

Helpful hint: for any large image, if your printer doesn't support panel printing (canon inkjets often do) you can use a nifty shareware tool, Split and Tile:

http://www.softdd.com/splitting-images/splitting-pictures.html

It'll split any image into even sections, and save them all off as individual auto-numbered JPGs. It worked like a charm on the large KotS maps. Level 2 was 63 pages of letter-sized paper (1" squares worked out to 7x9 even sections). Splitting by pixel count doesn't work quite as well as by sections.

-NN

Remove ads