• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any Thurderspire (H2) aides?

Wonka

First Post
Elandy, that is magnificent, thank you! I just attempted to bust out my old scanner and try to scan the images in myself, and they came out looking terrible. Your scan is many times better than the results I was getting! Any other maps you happen to have would be wonderful :)

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update 15

<snip>
Helpful hint: for any large image, if your printer doesn't support panel printing (canon inkjets often do) you can use a nifty shareware tool, Split and Tile:

http://www.softdd.com/splitting-images/splitting-pictures.html
<snip>

Nice find, NN! I've added your post to the first page - thanks!

Are you talking about this image?
<snip>
PS: Ask me for more maps in that quality if you need them!

Elandy, this earns you the Stud of the Day title! Thanks so much for finding and sharing. If you find any other H2 maps of this quality, I know a lot of people prefer color battle maps to printer-friendly maps. Additionally, it looks like we can combine that with nerf ninja's find to let those folks go to town! :)
This has also been linked to the first page (post #1).

Just to round out an already great H2 resource day, I went ahead and completed the elements for W1 through W6 - check them out in post #2!

Last edited:

elandy

First Post
Elandy, that is magnificent, thank you! I just attempted to bust out my old scanner and try to scan the images in myself, and they came out looking terrible. Your scan is many times better than the results I was getting! Any other maps you happen to have would be wonderful :)
I don´t deserve any credit for that, because I didn´t scan them.

I don´t know what else are you looking form, but maybe the general maps of the different areas and the general map of the ruins of thunderspire could help?

The Chamber of Eyes:

The Horned Hold:

The Well of Demons:

The Ruins of Thunderspire:

Hope this are usefull!

Andy.-

Wonka

First Post
I don´t deserve any credit for that, because I didn´t scan them.

I don´t know what else are you looking form, but maybe the general maps of the different areas and the general map of the ruins of thunderspire could help?

You might not have scanned them, but you found them and brought them to our attention when no one seemed to be having any luck. Still worthy of thanks :) Honestly, I was looking for any map I could find. I'm running H1 with some friends online using MapTool, and I have found a whole nice set of scaled maps for that adventure that I'm currently using, and could print out for cutting if I ever run it in person. I'll have to see how these will work, but if nothing else these give me nice starting points to work with to make useable/printable maps. Thanks again!

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update 16

Well of Demons is complete ! Note that I could not find a minotaur statue clipart, so they are represented by the generic "statue" icon. Check out the latest release.

I added a help-needed section to the first post. If you can help out or think of anything else needed, let me know and I will add it there!

I will start on the final set of encounters (Tower of Mysteries) tomorrow. My plan is to go back and update my first maps with the lessons-learned along the way after I finish up the T-series. Also, let me know when you find errors!

Bumamgar

First Post
Hires reproductions of H2 Maps

I've created Hires (50 pixels per square) reproductions of the first 5 maps in H2 and posted them here: http://www.cyberdeck.org/fantasygrounds/TL/

The first two (Into the Mountain and Chamber of the Eyes) were done with Dundjinni, the last three with Photoshop. I'm working on The Well of Demons now and hope to have it completed in a few days.

The maps I did in Photoshop ended up being much larger files than the Dundjinni images. If you are using these maps with a virtual tabletop like FantasyGrounds, you may want to convert them from .png down to .jpeg or another compressed format.

I plan on reproducing all of the maps for H2/H3 etc, at least until WoTC sees fit to provide HiRes versions for download themselves :)

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Update 17

I've created Hires (50 pixels per square) reproductions of the first 5 maps in H2 and posted them here: http://www.cyberdeck.org/fantasygrounds/TL/
<snip>
I plan on reproducing all of the maps for H2/H3 etc, at least until WoTC sees fit to provide HiRes versions for download themselves :)

Whoa, very sweet - studly, even! Thanks much for your work, Bumamgar. I have included your resource in post #1! Would you mind if someone took a stab at converting those into printable pages? I believe the tool nerf ninja linked to might be able to handle such a task (also in the first post)!

The printer-friendly version of T1 is complete, including elements. More information in post #2.

Wonka

First Post

The first two (Into the Mountain and Chamber of the Eyes) were done with Dundjinni, the last three with Photoshop. I'm working on The Well of Demons now and hope to have it completed in a few days.

You, my friend, are a greek god :D Nice work, and thanks for your effort! I will definitely use these once my group makes it this far :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads