Any way for a human to gain Darkvision?

farscapesg1

First Post
OK, I'm thinking about making a human rogue/fighter but due the current campaign we are in there is a lot of underground/dungeon activity. As a human, trying to move through the dungeons using move silently and Hide in Shadows while carrying a light source is obviously counter-productive.

Are there any rules out there that would grant a human darkvision? Either a feat, prestige class, or cheap magical item? I would have thought that you would possibly get it from the Stoneblessed prestige class in Races of Stone but no luck there.

Yes, I know that I could play a dwarf (or other creature with darkvision), but that wasn't really the way I was looking to go.

IcyCool

First Post
farscapesg1 said:
OK, I'm thinking about making a human rogue/fighter but due the current campaign we are in there is a lot of underground/dungeon activity. As a human, trying to move through the dungeons using move silently and Hide in Shadows while carrying a light source is obviously counter-productive.

Well, in the DMG there is the Horizon Walker PrC. One of the terrain walking abilities grants darkvision, I believe. I seem to recall a magic item that did this as well...

NexH

First Post
The Hoardstealer grants darkvision, or improves Darkvision, up to +90 feet. The Initiate of the Draconic mysteries grants darkvision plus low-light vision, the Talon of Tiamat also gives this. All of these PrC are from the Draconomicon.
Googles of night grant darkvision 60 ft.

farscapesg1

First Post
OK, maybe I need to give a little more information :)

Our characters are currently level 4. That puts a big restriction on magical items.

This is just a character idea at the moment in case my current character meets an unfortunate demise. So, there is a good chance that by the time I need to bring him into the game, I will be able to afford the magical items required.

Infiniti2000

First Post
A belt of dwarvenkind would be a better purchase than goggles of night, though probably out of your price range. Other than that, potions of darkvision would work.

farscapesg1

First Post
Hmm, I may have found the option I was looking for.

Dragon Magazine had a couple Greyhawk Regional feats articles and one of them is Orc-blooded. That would give the character 30 ft darkvision at 1st level. Since our campaign is set in Greyhawk, and the DM allows these feats that is probably the way I will go.

Thanks for all the other advice.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Dragonstar Galactic Races has a Night-Adapted template that gives a character 60 ft Darkvision at the cost of Light Blindness, with no LA.

Shouldn't be too hard of a magical ritual.

Remove ads