Any way for a human to gain Darkvision?

jgsugden

Legend
I forget if Darkvision (the spell) is personal or not, but a few potions (or a wand to be used with UMD) might get you what you want ...

Kageneko

First Post
The Shadowwalker template from Unapproachable East provides Darkvision, along with a ton of other abilities -- but at a price! -2 Con, Light Blindness, and EL +1. But you get +2 Dex , +4 racial bonus to Hide, and a ton of spell-like abilities.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
You could also take a level in warlock. The invocation See the Unseen grants darkvision plus the ability to see invisible, at all times. It's subject to dispel magic, but if it gets dispelled you can bring it back as a standard action.

In fact, it might be a good idea to go rogue/warlock instead of rogue/fighter. A lot of warlock invocations are of the self-buffing kind, and work well for a sneaky scouty type. The eldritch blast is a ranged touch attack, making you more likely to hit with your sneak attacks. And warlock abilities can be used in light armor without trouble.

farscapesg1

First Post
AuraSeer said:
You could also take a level in warlock. The invocation See the Unseen grants darkvision plus the ability to see invisible, at all times. It's subject to dispel magic, but if it gets dispelled you can bring it back as a standard action.

In fact, it might be a good idea to go rogue/warlock instead of rogue/fighter. A lot of warlock invocations are of the self-buffing kind, and work well for a sneaky scouty type. The eldritch blast is a ranged touch attack, making you more likely to hit with your sneak attacks. And warlock abilities can be used in light armor without trouble.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of the Warlock. That would be an interesting option that the group probably wouldn't expect. Thanks for the idea!

HeavyG

First Post
Gomez said:
Goggles of Night from the DMG, 12,000 gold.

For that price, you might as well get a Belt of Dwarvenkind. For a little more gold, it will also give you a bonus to Con and saves as well as other dwarven abilities.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Complete Adventurer has a prestige class (whose name eludes me but I believe its called Dungeon Delver) that is basically a dungeon-only thief type. It has darkvision at an early level, easy to join requirements, and I believe even blindsight after enough levels. You could take that instead of normal rogue levels once you qualify.

DS

dedicated

First Post
Warlock is definitely a fun way to go
See the unseen gives darkvision to 60 ft and see invisibility
Devil's sight gives the ability to see in normal and magical darkness to 30 ft
Plus, Beguiling influence gives you +6 to bluff, diplomacy and intimidate
(all of those are for 24 hrs.)

Storyteller01

First Post
There are a couple of bararian PrC's that give Scent as well darkvision or nightvision...

Planar Savage (MGP) gives the visual enhancements, and the devolutionary gives all three (at the small cost 6 Int and Cha, as well as weapons prof and reversed rage :) )

Last edited:

Remove ads