Any word on the GSL?

Mournblade94

Adventurer
edit: oh ya, I also spent about an hour today tracking down and logging links for pirated copies of D&D books and magazines on a sharing site with about 9,000 apparent violations
Out of everyone with whom I played 4th edition, (8 people all together) only 3 of us bought the core books (I was one of them). The rest all went to pirate sites to get the books and printed them out all fancy (not condoning it).

WOTC will have a tough time with pirate sites.

vic20

Fool
Out of everyone with whom I played 4th edition, (8 people all together) only 3 of us bought the core books (I was one of them). The rest all went to pirate sites to get the books and printed them out all fancy (not condoning it).

WOTC will have a tough time with pirate sites.

How much did they pay to print them "fancy"? I can't imagine that they saved much over the cost of just buying the actual books...

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
From here

I have my asbestos underwear on
smile.gif

On Monday I was supposed to sit down with legal, it got pushed to Tuesday, then Wednesday. Got their revisions (e.g. new wording on imagery section) Wednesday evening including the final on Statement of Rejection (now called Termination Notice). I have a couple things to add in the GSL text (PHB2 and MM2) and the logo needs to be updated (w/PHB2 and MM2). The SRD still needs its work but I am going to look into putting out the license ASAP and the SRD as soon as that is done.

BTW I am pretty happy with how it is shaping up

No ETA but it feels close

danir

Explorer
Hi scott,
Thanks for the update, it will be great if you can release it soon (I want to release a 4e book next month, duh :) ).

Also, regrading the statement of acceptance, do I have to snail mail it? or is there an email option as well?

Thanks,
Daniel

Remove ads