• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody else waiting anxiously for Order of the Phoenix?

blackshirt5

First Post
I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire(I'm probably going to reread the entire series in the next 5 weeks) and now I can't wait for ORder of the Phoenix to come out on June 21st. Anybody else feel the same?

jaldaen

First Post
I too am looking forward to reading it... it is my favorite series... even moreso than G.R. Martin... and that is saying a lot ;-)

Still Waiting,
Jaldaen

blackshirt5

First Post
I'm staving off my deprivation of fantasy lit. by working on more things for my campaign world. It's really all that's keeping me sane right now.

I'll be the first to voice a no. Don't have anything against other people reading them, but I just find the books way too childish...its too hard for me to shift from reading Dune to something written for younger people...which HP is, even though it has hit more than just its target audience.
:)

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
I'm excited about it. I love how Dumbledore hinted about a rebellion at the end of Goblet of Fire. It seems like the fifth book might have some really kewl political maneuvering and whatnot. The only thing that irritates me about the books is Harry Potter's acute lack of personality. It seems to me that Harry is only included because the book needs some sort of hero to kind of make the plot end somewhere. Otherwise, the other characters are much more interesting. But man, I can't wait. I read the first book like 6 times before it became popular. It's coming...

Uzumaki

First Post
Huh. I've always thought Harry had a lot of personality. It's just very mental, i.e. he holds himself in check when weird suggestions pop into his head. Case in point the time when he wanted to knock the anti-werewolf potion Snape made out of Lupin's hands. Also keep in mind that he's been thrust unexpected into a completley foreign world after being raised by the Dursleys. This would probably make anyone reserved.

However, none of this is true for the movie Harry. Hate that kid. Everyone else is cast perfectly. He just doesn't look freaked out and clueless enough.

And the same thing is true for the book Draco. He's sorely underused and when he is, he's just a petty bully. Que lastima.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads